TJ makes very little power and makes clicking noise when accelerating

JD27

My Jeep seems to have very little power, when I hit the gas pretty hard i can hear some clicking. If I pull something it just doesn’t sound good, RPMs sound like they are going up but I’m not moving much and tires aren’t spinning. I was going up a hill the other day and it was bumpy so I was creeping, it was like my Jeep went into neutral and roll back, when I pushed the break the RPMs were still up and it kicked into gear and didn’t sound pleasant on a transmission. Help please. I know transmission is more than likely the problem but I don’t want that to be the problem...

You could start by checking the transmission fluid level. Did you mean to put the flag on your Jeep with the star field towards the back? I've never seen it that way before.

I wouldn't say wrong, it normally goes on the other side so it appears like it's flying normally with the stripes towards the rear of the vehicle, just like if you had a real flag flying on it and were driving into the wind. Jeep does look nice.

2002 Jeep TJ X model
4.0 liter V6
Transmission is an automatic

You've got an I6 not a V6. So 2002 would be the 32RH bolted to the 4.0l I believe. @pagrey is correct, you should check the level of the transmission fluid while the engine is idling. Also what color does the fluid look like, does it smell burnt and do you know the last time the transmission was serviced?

You've got an I6 not a V6. So 2002 would be the 32RH bolted to the 4.0l I believe. @pagrey is correct, you should check the level of the transmission fluid while the engine is idling. Also what color does the fluid look like, does it smell burnt and do you know the last time the transmission was serviced?
I’ll get back to you this afternoon about that. Thanks for the help. Hopefully it doesn’t go out this afternoon lol

The page you linked to says blue forward or on the left of the observer. Maybe I don't understand what you mean?

Sorry, I didn't look at his flags and made an assumption. This was for the forever argument that passenger side flags should be stars right.

Reactions: pagrey
Normally syncros are in manual transmissions and not automatics. I don't know all the parts in the 32RH so maybe there's a part in there that some people call synchronizer? Doesn't really mean much to me.

Teach the young jeeper the ways of keeping a Jeep. I put it up for sale this morning and then deleted it within minutes. I thought it would just need a whole new tranny but then I looked into it. College student going through engineering doesn’t have the time to work to buy a tranny.

What was the color? We don't know what "it's fine" is. Does it smell burnt, do you know when the last time the filter in the transmission has been replaced. I believe there is a TV Cable on the 32RH, I'd have to double check, is the TV cable adjusted and operating correctly?