TJ rear sway bar bracket mounting bolt

Eddie Greenlee

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
So I go out to check the size of the bolts that hold the sway bar to the sway bar brackets on the axle. The REAR sway bar that is. I can not find the right socket. I'm sure its not metric, but i start trying anyway and come to find out i have to use a M15 wrench to take it off. So I looked around the net to find out its not only M15 but the bolt is a M10-1.50 x 35. Have yall found the same to be true?

Yep, Jerry beat me to the punch.

The TJ is indeed a cluster f**k of metric and SAE fasteners. Kind of annoying, but I usually end up replacing the SAE ones with metric equivalents.

Yep, Jerry beat me to the punch.

The TJ is indeed a cluster f**k of metric and SAE fasteners. Kind of annoying, but I usually end up replacing the SAE ones with metric equivalents.

Or visa/versa. I replaced my rear lower shock bolts with USS grade 8's. You definitely need a full set of metric and USS tools.

Ha , (yea I was also designed) before the metric/sae switch, so mostly sae for me, but I am slowly obtaining more and more metric tools. I really like going to the local pawn shops and picking up sizes I don't have in brands like (craftsman, snap-on,SK, ..... ) and the invention of the ratcheting closed in wrenches , well i just can't say enough.

Good day all! I know last reply on this thread was a while back and didn’t want to start a new one. Here’s my problem…. When removing two bolts from the sway bar and the bolts for bumper, they were frozen on so I drilled them out. Unfortunately, I also drilled off the welded nut in the frame…. Any suggestions??? Thanks!