TJ seat foam

If you're needing new foams, you're probably needing new fabric too, no? How are you solving that problem? I honestly didn't even know the seat foams could be purchased. I feel like I should buy a set or two before they disappear.

If you're needing new foams, you're probably needing new fabric too, no? How are you solving that problem? I honestly didn't even know the seat foams could be purchased. I feel like I should buy a set or two before they disappear.

I just had the same thought, and bought a pair. Mine are sagging/squishy, even though the fabric is in pretty good shape.

I just had the same thought, and bought a pair. Mine are sagging/squishy, even though the fabric is in pretty good shape.

I suspect if they sell enough of them, they'll be around for a bit, hope so anyway.

My fabric is in excellent shape, not so much on the driver's side seat foam. Not convinced my passengers side saw too many asses, save for that of a dog. ;)

In my case, seat foam wasn't a issue. It was fairly cheap. It cost me about $120 to replace all my bad foam. It was mostly on the drivers seat and a little on the rear seat. The higher cost was to replace the material, which I went with leather. Replacing all the seats with two tone leather, including installation cost me about $1100. That is much less than the cost of a good lift. I was extremely happy with the results. The matching steering wheel was about $300. Five years ago it was only $200, but I waited until I found the proper upholstery shop to do the seats too. I eventually did my seat belt material too in white. I covered them in stain repellant. My interior is real nice now. I need to update the pictures to reflect.
Jeep Interior.jpg

After

Jeepseats Before.jpg

Before

I just ordered a set of both 'just in case'. This is one of those items that once they're gone you'll never find them ever again. I guess after18 years of asses being in a 2006 oem Jeep seat the cushion material is bound to wear out sometime. This is cheap insurance.

Reactions: hear
Regarding the seat bushings, the info on the Summit site is confusing, and I’m ignorant of the details. Is that kit for one seat or two? In the fitment info, it mentions only the drivers seat. Does the passenger seat not have the same bushings?

Reactions: chili_pepper
Regarding the seat bushings, the info on the Summit site is confusing, and I’m ignorant of the details. Is that kit for one seat or two? In the fitment info, it mentions only the drivers seat. Does the passenger seat not have the same bushings?

Based on the photo and description, I would think the kit should supply enough for two seats....but you could verify by submitting a product question or giving them a call.

Reactions: sab
Easy. Pull the seat,remove hog rings and a couple clips.then reverse

I just did this - and while it's technically not hard, it is a PITA. Except sore hands and lots of cussing. Especially if you've never done it - as I hadn't.

Now - in fairness to Rick, I did not remove the hog rings, I just slid the metal rods out, took off the old fabric, and slide them back into the rings.