TJ won't run after sitting for a long time

You are getting a bright blue spark right?

If you bring a cylinder up to TDC on the compression stroke does the spark seem to be at the correct time?

Do you have distributorless ignition or a distributor cap? I'm not sure what year you have or if the early models still had a distributor.

You are getting a bright blue spark right? Yes

If you bring a cylinder up to TDC on the compression stroke does the spark seem to be at the correct time?
How do you suggest I check this? PCM shuts off power to coil and fuel injectors 1.8 seconds with no engine running indicated.
Do you have distributorless ignition or a distributor cap? I'm not sure what year you have or if the early models still had a distributor. No distributor. OPDA with cam sensor

Problem solved!!!! Catalytic converters clogged!!! So much back pressure it wouldn’t run. The wire to 3 and 4 injectors to pcm must have been broke a long time ago and the last owner was dumping gas and coked them up real good. Now that it runs I will see just what other issues I will have to deal with. Thanks for all the ideas and encouragement.

Reactions: Mike_H and Chris
does anyone know how much volatage one tj injector takes? I’m flushing the injectiors tomorrow for this weekend. As i manually flush them i don’t wanna burn them out.

Problem solved!!!! Catalytic converters clogged!!! So much back pressure it wouldn’t run. The wire to 3 and 4 injectors to pcm must have been broke a long time ago and the last owner was dumping gas and coked them up real good. Now that it runs I will see just what other issues I will have to deal with. Thanks for all the ideas and encouragement.

Thanks for the update, glad you got it figured out.

I guess clogged catalytic converters is something a lot of us (myself included) would probably overlook in terms of a no-start issue.

does anyone know how much volatage one tj injector takes? I’m flushing the injectiors tomorrow for this weekend. As i manually flush them i don’t wanna burn them out.
12 volts but in very short pulses. I take the fuel rail off, flip it. Put a strip of paper towels near them and have a friend crank the motor over. Let the PCM pulse the injectors. That way you don’t burn them up. Keep a fire extinguisher near by. Atomized fuel is flammable unless the converters are clogged. I joke or I would cry. So many hours and parts that were good. Lesson learned.

Glad you got it fixed.What led you to check out the cats and what was your procedure.I guess the old saying."if you got fuel and spark it will run" is not true.you also need air!

Glad you got it fixed.What led you to check out the cats and what was your procedure.I guess the old saying."if you got fuel and spark it will run" is not true.you also need air!
Air flow for sure. A smarter mechanic than I discovered it. Process was pull the exhaust at the manifold and it started right up! There is a way to pull the O2 sensor , install a pressure gauge and if you have more than 2psi you have clogging exhaust system.