TJs in beautiful places

This pic is fantastic- your white on white looks good and the bumper moves me šŸ˜- good stuff.

Yes, the top used to be black. Got tired of the Nevada sun heating up the black to where it would burn my hand so I took the top off and, 7 cans of Krylon Fusion paint later I had a white top. I didn't care if the color didn't exactly match the OEM Jeep. Looks good, made the interior a lot cooler, and several years later I'm surprised at how well it has held up. This is what the Jeep used to look like:
P1040221rtjforum4-8-24.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, the top used to be black. Got tired of the Nevada sun heating up the black to where it would burn my hand so I took the top off and, 7 cans of Krylon Fusion paint later I had a white top. Looks good, made the interior a lot cooler, and several years later I'm surprised at how well it has held up. This is what the Jeep used to look like:
View attachment 516532

i can relate -

EE78C5A5-E5E7-4690-A028-B5B3A06004DA.jpeg

Not to derail the thread, but what are your specs on the Jeep? Lift, wheels, tire size, etc?

Bought the Jeep used 13 years ago, had 25,000 miles on it. The lift was already on it, as was the front bumper with the winch. I seem to remember being told by the seller that a 4wd shop installed a 4" Fabtech lift. I know the rear driveshaft was from Tom Woods because a couple years ago I had to have the CV joint rebuilt on it because the centering ball was chirping. Front driveshaft appears to be stock (and I've had to rebuild the CV joint on it also). Rear bumper/tire carrier/rack is by Hanson. Wheels are Mickey Thompson, tires are Toyo Mud Terrain LT285/70R16 size. 6 speed manual tranny.

All the above came with the Jeep when I bought it, along with a Sunrider (?) soft top that's still in boxes down in my basement and has never been installed. I installed the extra-wide flares and tube steps (both Rugged Ridge). Jeep has 52,000 miles on it now.

P1012889er.jpg

Now wait one dame minute this is supposed to be jeeps in beautify places, like this

View attachment 516846

Not jeeps in beautiful garages, not all of have a garage as nice as you do you SOB :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 516847

Arenā€™t mine, wish it was. One of my best friends, Partner in a small commercial construction company. I declare if he takes a backward step it is only to pick up a $100 bill.

He built this shop from a building he tore down- lived in it while he built his 5,000 square foot modern farmhouse with a itā€™s own wing for his aging parents.

I store my hardtops in the loft.

That explains why his avatar jeep is green but all of the pictures of his jeep are white. I thought maybe he only had a black and white camera :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Yaā€™ll need to watch more TV.

The secret to life is you can make up about anything with a good camera. šŸ˜

Bought the Jeep used 13 years ago, had 25,000 miles on it. The lift was already on it, as was the front bumper with the winch. I seem to remember being told by the seller that a 4wd shop installed a 4" Fabtech lift. I know the rear driveshaft was from Tom Woods because a couple years ago I had to have the CV joint rebuilt on it because the centering ball was chirping. Front driveshaft appears to be stock (and I've had to rebuild the CV joint on it also). Rear bumper/tire carrier/rack is by Hanson. Wheels are Mickey Thompson, tires are Toyo Mud Terrain LT285/70R16 size. 6 speed manual tranny.

All the above came with the Jeep when I bought it, along with a Sunrider (?) soft top that's still in boxes down in my basement and has never been installed. I installed the extra-wide flares and tube steps (both Rugged Ridge). Jeep has 52,000 miles on it now.

View attachment 516840

Thanks for the response, it looks like a good basic "get out and explore" sort of build. Sounds like it suits you well also, thanks for posting the details and the great photos of you using it!

Reactions: deserteagle56