Too much rust?

Jpablo

Hi guys!! I’m thinking about getting a 2.8 sport 2014, overall It looks really good but I’m not sure if this is too much rust?? 🤔 The only visible rust I could find!

IMG_3900.jpeg

IMG_3899.jpeg

If the rest of the frame looks like that, then yes, it’s got too much rust.

If the rest of the frame looks like that, then yes, it’s got too much rust.

No, the rest looks pretty good and couldn’t see any rust… only around the 4 wheels like that… the rest looks quite quite good.. what’s your advice? Should I get it ?

No, the rest looks pretty good and couldn’t see any rust… only around the 4 wheels like that… the rest looks quite quite good.. what’s your advice? Should I get it ?

If it’s just that area it might be worth purchasing and just replacing the rusted parts. However, I’d have to see the condition of the rest of the vehicle before saying for sure whether I’d buy it or not.

If it’s just that area it might be worth purchasing and just replacing the rusted parts. However, I’d have to see the condition of the rest of the vehicle before saying for sure whether I’d buy it or not.

IMG_3956.jpeg

IMG_3957.jpeg

IMG_3958.jpeg

IMG_3959.jpeg

What would be your advice? I couldn’t find any signs of off-roading or such… the owner used it to go hunting mostly.

My advice is to take an endoscope to the inside of the frame or have a competent shop do a pre-purchase inspection on it.

Reactions: Rickyd
Crawl underneath with a flashlight and look for any oil or coolant leaks. Look at the skid plates and see how they look. Are they dented up, or are they in good shape? I am not sure if the evap is in the same place as the 3.6, but it is towards the center rear adjacent to the rear driveshaft with a thin metal plate around it, see if it is in good shape or beat up. You can tell a lot from being underneath it for 5-10 minutes.