Toughness personified

mrblaine

Crew Member
Supporting Member
Some of ya'll know what these are, some should know, some will regret knowing and the rest will just be bored.
We're doing a batch of heat treated 4340 tie rods since they are just too good not to be out there.

These are the tie rods with very high resistant to being bent that work with the Currie/Rockjock 4x4 Currectlynk and are threaded to use those tie rod ends. After heat treat they get split and use OEM style pinch clamps the same way the Currie RJ tie rod does.

1642276643026.png

Last edited:
Some of ya'll know what these are, some should know, some will regret knowing and the rest will just be bored.
We're doing a batch of heat treated 4340 tie rods since they are just too good not to be out there.

View attachment 302815

I love mine. Makes for a good ram rod to protect the skids. What is your reasoning for jam nuts on this batch?

View attachment 302815

Brilliant.

I love that photo you had shared in the past of the Jeep supported by the tie rod and then it bending back to straight when the weight is off.

Reactions: pc1p
Does the aluminum tie rod risk breaking other parts, but the chromoly doesn't?
None of them really do mitigate the risk. The one that comes installed is heat treated to a level that allows it to bend and not transfer too much force upstream. Anything that resists bending more changes that.