Towing your Jeep with a truck and camper

I have a 2005 GMC 2500HD with a Lance camper (845 previously, now a 865) and I use a TorkLift SuperHitch "super truss" hitch receiver and extension bar. The SuperHitch receiver replaces the frame-mounted stock receiver and uses a dual-arm extension (over/under) to support the tongue weight of the trailer. It also uses chains tethered from the end of the extension to the frame to control side-to-side movement. It is very strong and stable and allows a user to move the hitch ball from under the camper to just beyond the end of the camper. It also maintains the vehicle's supported tow rating which would normally be lowered with other hitch extensions.

https://www.torklift.com/rv/supertruss

You can use this to either Flat Tow or on a Trailer or Dolly. Each towing method has plusses/minuses that you have to weigh out depending on your intended usage. I use a 16' trailer, and has worked well for me for over the past 10 years.
Good link on the torklift Robin Down.

The Super Truss will only allow him to go up to 7500/750 pounds unless he also uses a weight distribution hitch.
Man I wish I would have talked to you guys before I bought my rear torklift tied downs. Grrr. It's only money right?

Can you get the Torklift dealer to trade your existing tie downs for the Super Hitch version?

The Super Truss will only allow him to go up to 7500/750 pounds unless he also uses a weight distribution hitch.

Can you get the Torklift dealer to trade your existing tie downs for the Super Hitch version?
Not sure because they are already installed, but I will sure call them and tell them my dilemma! And see what if anything they can do. Maybe they can discount all of the new parts 350 bucks if I buy it all at once? I don't know I will call and see what they will do.

Maybe they have a floor model of what I will need and they can trade? These are just some of the things going through my head right now.

Reactions: JMT
Damn straight. Are you coming?
I would love to be there, but somebody has to keep the forum going while your all at Moab haha
It would be an 'epic' trip for me to come over...Moab plus meeting allot of the members from here would be a fantastic combo.

Reactions: ac_
I would love to be there, but somebody has to keep the forum going while your all at Moab haha
It would be an 'epic' trip for me to come over...Moab plus meeting allot of the members from here would be a fantastic combo.

I think we could let the forum go for a couple of weeks, and I bet we can find someone you can ride with. Hell you are used to being on that side of the car anyway hehe.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I think we could let the forum go for a couple of weeks, and I bet we can find someone you can ride with. Hell you are used to being on that side of the car anyway hehe.
Yeah just get me one of those plastic pretend kids steering wheels while I sit on the right and I'll be happy as a dog with 2 tails haha

If you were near Seattle I’d suggest looking me up I have tj brackets and roadmaster tow bar. I upgraded both on my rig and I’ve been to lazy to sell

That being said the tj’s flat tow so easily not sure why you’d trailer it but to each their own. I’ve got about 20k towing an xj another 8-10 with my tj.

If you were near Seattle I’d suggest looking me up I have tj brackets and roadmaster tow bar. I upgraded both on my rig and I’ve been to lazy to sell
Haha I am originally from there. I have been in Arizona for about 10 years, but grew up in Seattle.

Thanks for the would be offer, but I am in too deep, I just need to finish the deal and make it work.

Reactions: lowranger
I might be interested in that tow setup when I move up to WA this year. What ya say?

I went all in, new hitch, new extension, new ball mount, and new wiring extensions. Would love to stay and chat, but I need to get a second job now.

Thanks everyone for the advice!

I might be interested in that tow setup when I move up to WA this year. What ya say?
Reach out never know, it’s the roadmaster square brackets and 6000lb aluminum rv side towbar. I upgraded to 8000lb and twist lock brackets