Track Bar Bracket and Drop Pitman Arm

Just Chillin

TJ Enthusiast
Lifetime Supporting Member
At the risk of getting pelted with tomatoes and beer cans, I have to ask...

My lift kit comes with a drop pitman arm and track bar relocation brackets. Any thoughts on this? It seems like every time a drop pitman arm is mentioned on this site, the experts say not only NO, but HELL NO.

1628677831635.png

At the risk of getting pelted with tomatoes and beer cans, I have to ask...

My lift kit comes with a drop pitman arm and track bar relocation brackets. Any thoughts on this? It seems like every time a drop pitman arm is mentioned on this site, the experts say not only NO, but HELL NO.

View attachment 270102
Which kit and what lift are you installing?

A dropped pitman arm is not inherently bad. But it has to be done with proper adjustment of the track bar to keep the track bar parallel with the drag link. That is the reason for the track bar relocation brackets you mention. Whether they properly accomplish the parallel goal is the question.

That said, most reasonable lifts on a TJ do not require a dropped pitman, but rather a longer, adjustable track bar. If you are installing a lift tall enough to justify modifying the steering geometry, you will likely have other issues.

Last edited:
Rock Krawler said it is the same as the 3.5 in. Kit except for the springs. That bracket and pitman arm look like they are more than 2 in. I will have to call them. I ordered the kit May 4th. They say it will ship to me in the next two weeks.