Track bar is binding after lift install

Frdbronco8

I just installed a SYE (in the form of a 241 rubi Tcase) and a cv shaft. I have about 3 inch susp lift and 1 inch body. I adjusted the rear pinion angle and installed and angled track bar bracket on the axle side but it seems like the bracket angle is a little too much. Stock Track bar is binding and was very hard to reinstall. Also I havent cycled it all the way but it looks like even with the angled bracket that the track bar will hit the gas tank strap. Anyone deal with these issues? Preferences on aftermarket track bars used with angles brackets?

Last edited:
Yes, I put the jKS one on but it seems like i needed about half the angle that it provided. I could probably dial the pinion angle up a little more.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yes, I put the jKS one on but it seems like i needed about half the angle that it provided. I could probably dial the pinion angle up a little more.

Hmmm, that's very odd then. With a 3" lift it shouldn't be binding at all.

You have a SYE and CV driveshaft as well?

Hmmm, that's very odd then. With a 3" lift it shouldn't be binding at all.

You have a SYE and CV driveshaft as well?
Rubucon tcase and CV driveshaft. I could probably angle it up a little more but it's pretty close to the right angle already.

Rubucon tcase and CV driveshaft. I could probably angle it up a little more but it's pretty close to the right angle already.

That's incredibly weird. You have the track bar installed the right way as well? The first time I installed it, I did it backwards (I wasn't paying attention) and it can definitely bind when it's backwards.

Mine was hitting the fuel tank skid pan after turning up pinion for DC/ SYE... i used a BFH and a section of an axle shaft to beat the corner in a bit.

Screenshot_20190309-080730.png

Screenshot_20190309-080638.png

Make sure your pinion angle is as shown here... the pinion should be angled high enough that it is directly in line with the driveshaft and also pointed directly at the CV joint.