Ohio Trail riding in Ohio

Hoss2695

It’s been many years of not having a 4x4 to play with. Now we have two. We used to go out to Ohio power and wheel out there in the late 80s and 90s. It’s been so long the wife and I went out to play recently to find out that the wilds owns most of the land where we used to camp and 4wheel. Is there any fun places to go anymore? Just read about the off road park up by Lake Erie sounds like fun. But living in columbus pretty far to go for a few hours. Looking for something closer. Any ideas? Thanks

up by lake erie? not around here.
southington offroad is our best bet. probably shut down now due to the Rona. but it's NE of you in Garrettville. and offers a little bit of everything........but be prepared to get it dirty.
and skid plates are highly recommended, they like to litter the trails with logs when they get deep with mud, and it's real easy to turn 1 up into the chassis.

i think the southern end of the state has a couple more options , but places that will allow Jeeps are thinning. catering to the side by side and dirt bike boys.

Thanks. I looked at that Southington on line. Not worried about getting dirty. I’ve checked out a few in south east Ohio but seen they might have closed down for good do to excessive drinking and careless behavior I will say. I’ve heard Kentucky and Indiana have some places to go also. Looks like it will be a road trip on the weekends. Thanks for the reply

SE sounds like your talking about Wellsville. and that's a big risk.
seen guys get their rigs stripped on the trail having to bribe others for a tow.
holiday wkends are a drunken madhouse. dirt bikes and quads everywhere.
and quite a bit of the property has been privatized with minimal postings and if your caught in the wrong area they will get ya for trespassing.

it's a wild zone. to the extent of, if you rigs left overnight from a break down it could be stripped and burned b4 you get back with parts.

Mojo does monthly trail rides in Vinton county, mostly on unmaintained county roads. Locations are restricted to members only so they don’t risk losing more places to ride.

I’ve heard that about wellsville. I think I’ve read that they are closing permanently like power line park. Do to insurance reasons. Down around tar hollow I use to work with a lot of people from down there. I would ride quad runners and dirt bikes. There are a lot of old roads down there just a matter of finding them again. Thanks for the replies. An ideas.

Just read Southington is back open as of early to mid May. I haven’t tried trailing yet (only been in the Jeep scene since September and still working out some kinks and mods) but I’ve read about MOJO and Muddy Buddy’s groups who go on monthly trips. Indiana, KY and Tennessee.