Michigan Trails in the Western U.P.

briski120

I was curious if anyone had any good recommendations for trails in the Western U.P.? I’m going to be back up in the Houghton/Hancock area in a few weeks, and don’t know of many besides Keweenaw Point and a few others near Copper Harbor. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

I was curious if anyone had any good recommendations for trails in the Western U.P.? I’m going to be back up in the Houghton/Hancock area in a few weeks, and don’t know of many besides Keweenaw Point and a few others near Copper Harbor. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

@toximus is close to that area

As far as offroading, off of Cliff Drive is nice. Basically just don't go on anything that's marked private property and it's fair game.

Bill Nicholls trail to Houghton has a bunch of interesting stops but was super washboarded the last time I went from UTVs.

Further east is the Thunderbowl in Manistique.

As far as offroading, off of Cliff Drive is nice. Basically just don't go on anything that's marked private property and it's fair game.

Bill Nicholls trail to Houghton has a bunch of interesting stops but was super washboarded the last time I went from UTVs.

Further east is the Thunderbowl in Manistique.

I’ll take a look at all of those, thanks!

Last year I wanted to check out the Bill Nicholls trail but up by Houghton it was blocked off. Was the last time you went recently? Otherwise I’m hoping I can actually check it out this year.

I’ll take a look at all of those, thanks!

Last year I wanted to check out the Bill Nicholls trail but up by Houghton it was blocked off. Was the last time you went recently? Otherwise I’m hoping I can actually check it out this year.

No problem.

I last went in May of this year. Since you're from IL, have you heard of the 7 Hour Plane Crash Trail? It starts in Crandon WI.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/7-hour-plane-crash-trail.25972/
Here's when I went in May in my truck:

• USA Proud
Reactions: Apparition