South Carolina Finding local trails in Columbia, SC

GeorgeSully

TJ Enthusiast
I’m looking to find some trails that are near me so I don’t have to keep driving hours to Jeep, anyone know a good website or somewhere to find trails. I’m in Columbia, SC as well if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You probably know about Gulches, I'm guessing. I've been able to go there yet, but plan to someday. I'm in Sumter, and we go out to Manchester State Forest and play around on the service roads some. Definitely not anything hard, but fun just to get out and play around. Other than that, there's not to much in my area.

Reactions: GeorgeSully
I’m looking to find some trails that are near me so I don’t have to keep driving hours to Jeep, anyone know a good website or somewhere to find trails. I’m in Columbia, SC as well if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeeping opportunities around Columbia are limited. Even when you find a spot to ride, you will mostly be dealing with mud holes. I prefer the mountains. Do a google search for "Smokey Mountains 500". This is a route that runs through GA, TN and NC. It was developed for motorcycles, but works well for 4x4 too. All of the route is on public roads. Most of it is easy. There are a couple of spots where the excitement level ramps up.

sm500%20camper%20map-X2.jpg

i-XNqCr3P-L.jpg

i-DfCPht4-L.jpg

i-tHttqbZ-L.jpg

P
Do a google search for "Smokey Mountains 500". This is a route that runs through GA, TN and NC. It was developed for motorcycles, but works well for 4x4 too. All of the route is on public roads. Most of it is easy. There are a couple of spots where the excitement level ramps up.
Probably going to do this! Soon