Trans band adjustment and hard starting

bigwheel53

Hello everyone..Im new to this site so this is going to be long winded LOL..First..Im going to adjust the bands in my 1997..4.0..3spd..auto trans..Why do I need a torque extension to do the front? It looks like I have room to get a straight shot at the adj screw with just an extension and socket.. Which of the bands control the 2nd to 3rd shift. First to second goes in good but second into third slips and I let off the gas till it goes in so I don't do more damage. As for the rear band..I bought a deep pan "2 more qts"..I don't want to remove the skid plate if I don't have to. Is it feasible to undo the trans mount and jack the trans up enough to get at the rear bolts of the pan and also do the adjustment? As for the hard starting I understand that the fuel pump valve that keeps the fuel from returning to tank is the problem that's why it takes a few times to get her going..I had a bad water leak prob on the pass side floor and fixed that. The drain under the cowl was clogged shut.I just picked up this Jeep two weeks ago and am trying to get her up to snuff..If I need a torque wrench extension where the heck do I get that C-3380-A thingy?? Thanks for any help I can get ..

00n0n_80kV0Qu63nM_600x450.jpg

00l0l_54VvqIePqbV_1200x900.jpg

00l0l_54VvqIePqbV_1200x900.jpg