Transfer case and SYE issue

I would agree with this. I hat to say this, but I've read on here that @mrblaine has seen bad tolerances on Crown equipment, not sure specifically on this kit, but he's talked about Knuckles I believe from Crown being off by enough to make life miserable. I think I read "I wouldn't trust their stuff as far as I can throw it" or something to that affect. But.....I may have mis-understood.

They are at best all over map but the existence of their OPDA proves that even a blind pig can sniff out a truffle now and again. That said, if Crown was the ONLY supplier for the parts I need to own a TJ, I'd find another vehicle to own.

Reactions: cpwolf
That isn't his problem..what he is saying is when the yoke but is torqued the yoke binds up and won't rotate

Gotcha, thanks for correcting that.

They are at best all over map but the existence of their OPDA proves that even a blind pig can sniff out a truffle now and again. That said, if Crown was the ONLY supplier for the parts I need to own a TJ, I'd find another vehicle to own.

Isn't that the truth and its not just Jeep parts. Its the reason I gave up on my hobby of modding and flipping of 4x4's, to much China junk. Sad, just sad.

@Bayside95 I'd take notice of this, unfortunately you've bought the Crown, but the possibility that you're doing everything correct, and the specs on the shaft or whatever are off.....are real.

@Bayside95 I'd take notice of this, unfortunately you've bought the Crown, but the possibility that you're doing everything correct, and the specs on the shaft or whatever are off.....are real.
I honestly starting to believe that this is a manufacturing issue from Crown. I’m thinking to buy the rough Country SYE one , any review on that ? Because I really hate spending money twice and not satisfied

I honestly starting to believe that this is a manufacturing issue from Crown. I’m thinking to buy the rough Country SYE one , any review on that ? Because I really hate spending money twice and not satisfied

I have no experience from Rough Country on anything, but this site doesn't provide a lot of reviews. I used a JB Conversions out of Louisiana, and it has very good reviews here, main reason I went with it. Advance Adapters is the other I've seen positive. I just don't know more on RC.

I have no experience from Rough Country on anything, but this site doesn't provide a lot of reviews. I used a JB Conversions out of Louisiana, and it has very good reviews here, main reason I went with it. Advance Adapters is the other I've seen positive. I just don't know more on RC.

Okay well from the look how these comments I probably went wrong by purchasing Crown in the first place. I’m gonna need a good SYE kit

6267EA72-533D-44EA-8A42-DB14E090DB25.jpeg

View attachment 364962I remove the front oil seal and the yoke is touching on the bearing so I’m guessing this is really a manufacturer error because I don’t think the yoke should be touching the bearing, that why when I tighten the nut the shaft wouldn’t spin

The yoke is supposed to touch the inner bearing race and lock that down to the shoulder on the output shaft. Otherwise it would have to press on and that would suck. If the shaft isn't turning, something else is wrong besides that particular aspect.

Reference the picture OP posted.
It appears the nut is not torqued enough to expose any threads. Never had mine off or installed a SYE, but it don't look right.
Maybe OP took the picture after he loosened the nut. If so, never mind.

Capture.JPG