Transfer Case Leak?

DuceDuck

I’m guessing this is a transfer case leak but I’m not fully sure. Any help is appreciated.
BB878B5C-4ED0-4707-AA5A-C9355932506C.jpeg

7FC3DB1A-A1A9-49C9-A7A0-F157E134F918.jpeg

I’m going to give you the advise someone else told me… clean the heck out of it with degreaser and then brake clean. Let it dry off, and then get some gold bond/ spray on body powder (comes in a aerosol can) and spray the heck out of it with that stuff.. it will powder it white and allow you to see exactly where the leak is coming from

• Love
Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Do from the ujoint back… looks like it may be leaking from behind the pinion nut and slinging onto the muffler. Most likely leaking elswhere as well.

Reactions: hear
It could be the seal on the sye housing but as said you need to clean that area before you know for sure

I’m going to give you the advise someone else told me… clean the heck out of it with degreaser and then brake clean. Let it dry off, and then get some gold bond/ spray on body powder (comes in a aerosol can) and spray the heck out of it with that stuff.. it will powder it white and allow you to see exactly where the leak is coming from
Thanks man I’ll have to try that this weekend

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
If you have ever changed the speedometer gear it's possible the the big O-ring that seals its housing to get nicked and start leaking ATF. That happened to mine and it created a mess.

The first thing I would do is bring the oil level up as it looks like you may need to add some based on the amount we are seeing, running it low on oil while you diagnois it could be costly.

Reactions: DWR
This is some very beautiful advice!