Tuffy products

DarkStar357

A few years ago some yahoo's broke into my glove box. I swear it was the only time I had ever locked the darn thing. Well, they snapped the lock and broke the handle. I couldn't afford a replacement at the time, so I screwed it shut. Now I am looking at getting it replaced.

What do y'all think about the Tuffy glove box? Is it worth the money. I have the center console and the trunk box (currently not installed) and I've been pleased. Just wondering if this is worth the cost or if I should just look for an OEM replacement.

Tuffy Box.jpg

I had a Tuffy glove box in my previous TJ and really liked it, other than its capacity is a bit less than what the OE box has. I wish I had another but at least I have a Tuffy center console to keep valuables in.

The Tuffy glovebox is great. I’m still using the one I bought in 2004. No issues. Also: if you buy additional Tuffy storage, they can provide locks that match your current key.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I never knew this existed.
Reminds me, you know the black box that survives plane crashes every time? Why not build the airplane out of that material?

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman
everything is getting convoluted these days

Tonka, including Parker Brothers, was bought in 1991 for about $516 million by Hasbro which also owned the Milton Bradley Company. Following the acquisition, Parker Brothers continued to have its corporate offices in Beverly, but production of the games were moved to Milton Bradley's headquarters in East Longmeadow.

however real-estate and houses are going up everywhere

According to Hasbro, which acquired Parker Brothers in 1991, more than 275 million Monopoly games — including more than 6 billion green houses and 2.25 billion red hotels — have been sold since 1935

I'd skip the glovebox and get a console. The consoles have much more room, assuming a non-subwoofer, than the glovebox. You can get them in a 1/2 or full version.

https://www.tuffyproducts.com/product/114/center-console-series-ii-jeep-wrangler-tj-rear-half
https://www.tuffyproducts.com/product/111/center-console-series-ii-jeep-wrangler-tj-full
I've got one of those already, not set up for the subwoofer though. I have to get a new lock for it. When the @$$hats broke into my glove box, they tried to jimmy the console lock with a screwdriver. I had to cut the sharp metal piece that they left behind off.

Reactions: Irun