Tuffy Rear Security Drawer (the short one) in an LJ?

LJDC

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Has anyone installed the Tuffy security drawer — the one that's 4 inches tall and mounts the rear seat on top — in an LJ? I think it's meant for the SWB TJ, but that's not what I have.
https://tuffyproducts.com/products/...-wranger-yj-1997-2006-wrangler-tj/?sku=130-01

The exterior of the box is about 29 inches deep (back to front), plus it sits an inch or three from the tailgate, so it probably reaches around 31 inches. The rear seat is about 20 inches deep and starts about 24 inches from the tailgate (give or take). But the front attachments are close to the front of the seat, and Tuffy's seat adapters expect to be mounted to the top of the drawer.

I'm basically trying to avoid building my own drawer, because by the time I have enough time to devote to it, the LJ will be another ten years old.

Has anyone installed the Tuffy security drawer — the one that's 4 inches tall and mounts the rear seat on top — in an LJ? I think it's meant for the SWB TJ, but that's not what I have.
https://tuffyproducts.com/products/...-wranger-yj-1997-2006-wrangler-tj/?sku=130-01

The exterior of the box is about 29 inches deep (back to front), plus it sits an inch or three from the tailgate, so it probably reaches around 31 inches. The rear seat is about 20 inches deep and starts about 24 inches from the tailgate (give or take). But the front attachments are close to the front of the seat, and Tuffy's seat adapters expect to be mounted to the top of the drawer.

I'm basically trying to avoid building my own drawer, because by the time I have enough time to devote to it, the LJ will be another ten years old.

Do you plan to continue to use the back seat? The additional height pretty much turns it into kids only seating.

Since you run an LJ, will it fit behind the seat with the seat in the forward position.

I'm still pondering the headroom problem... I can't remember the last time I put adults in that back seat, but I'm positive it was before the iPhone was invented. I think my dog won't mind. What do you mean "with the seat in the forward position" — like, tumbled forward?

I'd actually be happier with a drawer that's 6" high and only fits behind the backseat, and that's what I may end up making myself.