Tummy tuck questions

ErikOffroad

TJ Enthusiast
Hey I’m in the process of setting up a tummy tuck for the Jeep. Just have some questions
I need a angled track bar relocation bracket but the only one I seem to be finding is this one from jks which is 57 dollars. This just seems to expensive for what it is. Is there any cheaper options available.
Also I have Fox shocks which are reverse mounted as compared to the Rancho shocks . Do I need to still get the shock relocation brackets for the rear for clearance. It seems like I have the room but I won’t know till I do it, unless someone else already has.

Hey I’m in the process of setting up a tummy tuck for the Jeep. Just have some questions
I need a angled track bar relocation bracket but the only one I seem to be finding is this one from jks which is 57 dollars. This just seems to expensive for what it is. Is there any cheaper options available.
Also I have Fox shocks which are reverse mounted as compared to the Rancho shocks . Do I need to still get the shock relocation brackets for the rear for clearance. It seems like I have the room but I won’t know till I do it, unless someone else already has.
The Currie angled trackbar bracket is even more expensive. Not sure of other options.

Really can’t say, but I had contact before the TT. If the shock body is going to be down, then it’s very likely when you rotate the pinion there will be contact between it and the spring perch.You can wait and see and then trim the perch for clearance, or get relocation brackets. I didn’t want to chop the perches so I went with brackets. The MC don’t cause loss of clearance.

Last edited:
I agree - If your shocks are mounted "up-side-down" the shock shaft will clear, but the can may hit the spring perch when the axle compresses. That was the case for me, years ago on a different Jeep, anyway. It didn't hit hard, but it rubbed hard enough to cause some concern, so I added the relo brackets.

I would add the shock relocations for peace of mind. Chances are when flexed you will havw contact since your pinion will be rotated up pretty high.

If you dont like the prices, make the shock relocation brackets and track bar brackets yourself.

Reactions: EzPeezy
I bought the shock relocation brackets but have not installed them yet. I used an angle grinder to shave down my perches. There’s no contact but it’s fairly close. I can see rubbing and a small dent in the shock body in the passenger side. I will probably end up installing the brackets just for peace of mind when I take it wheeling.

Edit: my other option which I’m still considering is flipping the shocks upside down. I’d prefer not to use the brackets.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/rubicon-express-rear-bolton-shock-relocation-mounts-9706-tj.htmlAt 31 bucks for these relocation brackets it’s not really worth fabricating. I have a spare relocation bracket on my old axle. I think I’m gonna cut it and bend it at lunch and see what I can come up with

image.jpg

I got the bracket cut during lunch and heated up that one tab and gave it a good bend. Looks like it’s gonna work. I’m gonna have to get a chunk of angle iron or c channel cut out to fill up the gap.

70415D8D-3DD0-4AA0-AB38-392BA5C4B30D.jpeg

4ACE567D-5A23-4DA6-9A0F-B818C492E544.jpeg

E18BDEF4-4974-4B99-BD0C-A53FF223A2A1.jpeg

I'd take the coils out and compress the suspension and trim as much bucket away as needed. I wouldn't run extensions, personally. In fact, I bought a Currie set and decided against it. If you decide you want to go that route I can mail them to you.

If you flip the shock body you'll need to trim anyway. With a almost flat UHC skid and 4" lift I have the bucket trimmed back under the coils and the shock body just clears the axle tube.

I also have the Currie bracket in the rear, and welded it in. I don't like messing around with suspension mounts.

Reactions: Muddyjeep276
I am starting on a TT also. I will be installing a SYE and Woods DS. If you are doing the SYE will it not be enough to keep from using the relocation brackets? I also have the angled track bar mount, upper spring location bracket and the lower shock mount. The shock and spring mount just in case I need them....

I am starting on a TT also. I will be installing a SYE and Woods DS. If you are doing the SYE will it not be enough to keep from using the relocation brackets? I also have the angled track bar mount, upper spring location bracket and the lower shock mount. The shock and spring mount just in case I need them....

As the axle is rotated up to compensate for the now higher output yoke on the tcase your tummy tuck provides, your lower shock mounts roll underneath the axle, which brings the shock closer to the axle housing. This is why I usually suggest the JB conversions super short sye. It is 2" shorter, meaning you have a longer driveshaft and your pinion doesn't need raised as much. Careful using the upper spring perch bracket, it will provide more lift causing a rake to your jeep, as well as change shock travels. The bolt on brackets can raise your rear end up by an inch or more

Good to know about the brackets I have, I might be cutting the lower spring perch, Thanks