Tummy tuck What transfer case skid do you use

What is the real drop amount?
drop amount?

the UCF stuff doesn't drop it raises

there are different skids available, depending on how much work you want to do will determine how much ground clearance you will gain.

There's the "no body lift" version, the "extra clearance" (the ones I used on both my YJ and TJ) and the "ultra high clearance"

drop amount?

the UCF stuff doesn't drop it raises

there are different skids available, depending on how much work you want to do will determine how much ground clearance you will gain.

There's the "no body lift" version, the "extra clearance" (the ones I used on both my YJ and TJ) and the "ultra high clearance"
Drop amount is the distance below the bottom of the frame rails.

Reactions: JMT
like I said before:
"there are different skids available, depending on how much work you want to do will determine how much ground clearance you will gain"

if you want more info just contact UCF... I'm sure they will be glad to give you the measurements

I got the "no body lift kit" skid; which raise the skid (and tcase) about an inch. Had to get the novak shift kit to correct the binding of the tcase shifter.

Also, the tranny pan sits REAL close in the oil pan/tranny pan skid and does rub on the pan if not perfectly centered in the skid; i grinded down some of the side wall of the skid to reduce any chance of rubbing...

Btw: same with the exhaust....

I got the "no body lift kit" skid; which raise the skid (and tcase) about an inch. Had to get the novak shift kit to correct the binding of the tcase shifter.

Also, the tranny pan sits REAL close in the oil pan/tranny pan skid and does rub on the pan if not perfectly centered in the skid; i grinded down some of the side wall of the skid to reduce any chance of rubbing...

Btw: same with the exhaust....

Got you!!
Thanks!

My TJ and my dads TJ both have undercover fab full cover systems. Both Jeeps have the "Original High Clearance Skid" and it drops about two inches below the frame. Which is way better than the stock skid. They're very strong and the quality is evident. We both had ours powder coated. I feel this photo shows how far it hangs down well.

a67510b286aa41137df8c60ad647bb56.jpg

53ab42e3d29b055a56ad891fe6752b61.jpg

c46ab77b2699044577cdffdaa8bfff4f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My TJ and my dads TJ both have undercover fab full cover systems. Both Jeeps have the "Original High Clearance Skid" and it drops about two inches below the frame. Which is way better than the stock skid. They're very strong and the quality is evident. We both had ours powder coated. I feel this photo shows how far it hangs down well.

View attachment 23772

View attachment 23773

View attachment 23774

Very helpful!
I'm closely looking at the drop amount due the LJ break over angles, the shovel effect is worst than in a TJ.
This mod looks nice, Are you do the job yourself?
Thanks!

I did, was not too bad. Just take your time and be careful as they are heavy plates. I used one floor jack to hold up the transmission and the other to lift the skid into place. Both Jeeps did need minor exhaust adjustments ($100-200). I also would recommend replacing the transmission bushing and repairing any rust there may be on the frame rails while you're in there

Reactions: Jorge Bolivar
I did, was not too bad. Just take your time and be careful as they are heavy plates. I used one floor jack to hold up the transmission and the other to lift the skid into place. Both Jeeps did need minor exhaust adjustments ($100-200). I also would recommend replacing the transmission bushing and repairing any rust there may be on the frame rails while you're in there

Cool!
I do 99% of my Jeep work and this one will be one that I will enjoy to do for sure.
Thanks for all the Tips and suggestions, Very appreciated.

Reactions: Luke
I have the GenRight crossmember kit on my list to purchase this winter.

I ordered few days ago.
I saw few pics of this GenRight crossmember kit installed and look very nice once finished. Learn also that the side tubes slides in the middle tube what make things easier.
I will flip the side curved tube and see how much TC goes up before hit the tunnel, if I can reach full tuck will have a big smile.

Only down size is the poly bushings, will transfer some vibration for sure.

I ordered few days ago.
I saw few pics of this GenRight crossmember kit installed and look very nice once finished. Learn also that the side tubes slides in the middle tube what make things easier.
I will flip the side curved tube and see how much TC goes up before hit the tunnel, if I can reach full tuck will have a big smile.

Only down size is the poly bushings, will transfer some vibration for sure.
Make sure to take pics. I am looking into the Gen Right myself. I am curious if a 1/2" or so pad of rubber could be placed between the mounting pad on the cross member and transfer case?? Should help with transmission of engine vibration.

Make sure to take pics. I am looking into the Gen Right myself. I am curious if a 1/2" or so pad of rubber could be placed between the mounting pad on the cross member and transfer case?? Should help with transmission of engine vibration.

I actually experienced more tranny heat through the floor pan with the tranny tucked up closer... this was the only negative downside for me having the tranny raised a little bit more.