Unable to remove the doors

Texas-TJ

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I have removed the nuts and tried to manhandle the doors off and sprayed PB Blaster. They do not budge. Are there any processes that might help me get the doors removed?

Jeep-door.jpg

As stated above you have to swing the door back and forth while lifting up on it. Even my doors take some effort and I change them out every year and store the Jeep inside.

Reactions: Texas-TJ
Sometimes you gotta jimmyjam something.

Try not to pull up on handle end.

On my sons JK I loosened the nut a bunch, took a pole under it and on a floor Jack to push up, get pressure, and open close the door it popped loose.

Haven’t had that issue again.

Reactions: Zorba and Texas-TJ
Sometimes you gotta jimmyjam something.

Try not to pull up on handle end.

On my sons JK I loosened the nut a bunch, took a pole under it and on a floor Jack to push up, get pressure, and open close the door it popped loose.

Haven’t had that issue again.

I had to use my jack to push up on mine as well. Be sure to put a block of wood or something under the protect your paint of course. Once I had them off, one of my first projects was replacing the bushings (a nightmare project for some - a 2 minute project for others) and then white lithium grease on the posts when I reinstall. Now they're easy-peasy to get on and off.

Do your hinges look misaligned?(they are adjustable)
If they're bound up they won't want to lift out. My doors slide right out

With the door closed? You lost me

“door closed as much as you can”

I think he means, not closed, but almost, meaning with the door close to being in the closed position, but not.

You got this! We’re cheering you on.

Reactions: Texas-TJ
“door closed as much as you can”

I think he means, not closed, but almost, meaning with the door close to being in the closed position, but not.

You got this! We’re cheering you on.

I can understand that...lol. I know I'm in good hands! Thanks

In other words, not wide open.

The hinges may have worn over the years.
Closed is where the door sits most of the time.
That's also the position when the door was aligned and the hinges were adjusted originally.

I understand. I'll give that a try. Thanks