Underhood light install

I ordered a Mopar underhood light for about $20 and it came in the mail today. My Jeep didn’t come with one but it does has the connector. One of the few unused connectors on a 2002. At that time, Jeep had many differen’t wiring harnesses depending on what options you ordered.

Install was EASY! One screw (#10 x 3/4”) and I plugged it in. Just a little tricky figuring out how it went on. The mounting tab bends back so the light sits on top of it. You almost have to install it backwards at first.

View attachment 217728

View attachment 217729
I rehabed my stock fixture last year. Detached and soaked it in baking soda and vinegar to clean all the copper inside. I added the festoon LED and it has been working great. I also stumbled on the GM light and mounted one on the underside of the hood. Its been great as well and seems unaffected by the heat right above the engine. I switched its bulb to led as well. Got all my bulbs from superbright. The GM light is bright and being able to pull it out of the housing to take it outside the engine bay is handy; as is its magnet. Its cord can reach pretty far. Cord wind is smooth too, for restowing. I will look to get the twisted loop festoon or double a pair, as the side lighting of my current festoon was an unexpected annoyance. Good find!