Uneven Lift?

ArvadaJon

New guy here so I apologize for my ignorance and thankful for any knowledge you can drop on me!

I just purchased this 2001 TJ last weekend and immediately took it to the shop to get a bunch of work done (rebuilt rear diff, sway bars, lower control arms, front track bar, sway bar links, oil seals, new serpentine belt) and am really happy to have it mechanically sound. For me, now the fun begins on mod it out. However, I noticed that the front is a bit higher than the rear.

Is this ok? Was this possibly done on purpose when the previous owner(s) lifted it? Can I lift the rear a bit so its even?

Thanks for reading and for any and all knowledge!

lift kit.jpg

No issue at all. Some people prefer a different rake one way or another but it doesn't really matter. You might double check your headlights are adjusted properly.

Reactions: Blondie70
^ +1

If there is a factory spacer in the front, removing it should even it out.
Recheck pinion angles after adjustment.

Putting a level on flat fenders tells you nothing. Measure the springs as it sits. 12" front and 8" rear are the stock measurements. Anything more is the lift. Compare those measurements to see if it's actually higher in the front.
the more you know (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

Reactions: John Cooper
...Or you could put the level at the bottom of the rocker panel from underneath, that would give you a more accurate idea of your rake....and check for front spacers as previously suggested.
In your avitard it does look a little higher in the front, but also looks you're on a slight incline.
Looks like a heavy bumper and winch are in your near future! Welcome BTW!

Reactions: Blondie70