Upgraded sound system

txbemis69

was last seen escaping the asylum
Supporting Member
well i’ve been working on upgrading the sound system in ole eugene. i started off upgrading all factory speakers including the subwoofer. i went with the polk db series 5 1/2” in the dash and 6 1/2 in the roll bar speaker pods. as for the sub i was wanting to keep it inside the console, kinda a out of sight out of mind type thing. i saw a pioneer box for a shallow mount 8” sub that was shown on a youtube video that was supposed to fit inside the console but, had been discontinued. so i had a local audio shop build me a similar box. picked it up and it was a no fit , so within 10 minutes i had the sawzall after it for a little trimming. needless to say it now holds a kicker 8” shallow mount sub and is inside the console with minor modification to the console. for an amp i went with a soundstream st5.1300d 5 channel. on a 4 ohm load it is pushing 60 watts to the polks and 220 watts to the 8” kicker. the amp is mounted underneath the steering column as i was worried about water intrusion in the floors. jeeps leak, right? i had already replaced the factory head unit with an alpine when the factory unit died. i personally didn’t like the alpine so out it came and in went a kenwood kmr-m332bt marine head unit. after playing around with the kenwoods settings i’m most impressed with how ole eugene sounds. i can now hear the music while topless and doorless. it has a very good quality sound for what i put into it.

Reactions: JMT
well i’ve been working on upgrading the sound system in ole eugene. i started off upgrading all factory speakers including the subwoofer. i went with the polk db series 5 1/2” in the dash and 6 1/2 in the roll bar speaker pods. as for the sub i was wanting to keep it inside the console, kinda a out of sight out of mind type thing. i saw a pioneer box for a shallow mount 8” sub that was shown on a youtube video that was supposed to fit inside the console but, had been discontinued. so i had a local audio shop build me a similar box. picked it up and it was a no fit , so within 10 minutes i had the sawzall after it for a little trimming. needless to say it now holds a kicker 8” shallow mount sun and is inside the console with minor modification to the console. for an amp i went with a soundstream st5.1300d 5 channel. on a 4 ohm load it is pushing 60 watts to the polks and 220 watts to the 8” kicker. the amp is mounted underneath the steering column as i was worried about water intrusion in the floors. jeeps leak, right? i had already replaced the factory head unit with an alpine when the factory unit died. i personally didn’t like the alpine so out it came and in went a kenwood kmr-m332bt marine head unit. after playing around with the kenwoods settings i’m most impressed with how ole eugene sounds. i can now hear the music while topless and doorless. it has a very good quality sound for what i put into it.

No to be that guy, but if you can throw in a paragraph break this is a lot easier to read, ha.

Reactions: Chris and JMT