Upgrading Dana 35 axle

Mjw85

Supporting Member
I have a 99 tj with an AX-15 35 inch tires and currently running 3.73 gears.. (I bought it this way.) I am looking to re gear to 4.88 I was wondering what kind of up grade to do to the Dana 35 rear end. I thought about doing a super 35 kit with a Detroit Truetrac. I drive mostly highway but occasional off road. Nothing too crazy. I also was thinking about installing a lunchbox locker in the front.
Thank you for any opinions. Also what kits do you all recommend?
—Matt

I have a 99 tj with an AX-15 35 inch tires and currently running 3.73 gears.. (I bought it this way.) I am looking to re gear to 4.88 I was wondering what kind of up grade to do to the Dana 35 rear end. I thought about doing a super 35 kit with a Detroit Truetrac. I drive mostly highway but occasional off road. Nothing too crazy. I also was thinking about installing a lunchbox locker in the front.
—Matt
Truetrac not available in 30 spline for the super 35 upgrade

I would advise against a front lunchbox locker if you only do "mostly highway but occasional offroad." I was very unhappy with mine, and I can only recommend a selectable in the front if you daily it.

—Matt
You should check out the forum guide to running 35 inch tires