Upgrading my TJ with JK wheels

Hahaha! It's Khaki... <30K miles 1 old man owner but an auto. Bone stock w/o the wheels.
Which is perfect. The color must be off on my iPad. I love the stock look of TJ’s. Down the road whenever you are ready. Stock wheels or the Moab wheels doesn’t matter to me. My ‘98 is bone stock except the radio which I didn’t put in. The wife when she was single did that.

Reactions: Chief Brohician
Hello,

I am currently running 235/75R15 tires on Canyon wheels. I have found a good deal on some of the 17" Hardrock Rubicon wheels like in the attached pic. I really like the appearance of the Hardrock, but my concern is how they will look on my stock TJ, because I don't want them to look crammed into the wheel wells. The wheels don't already have tires mounted, so I would buy either 245/75R17 or 255/75R17 tires, and I know I will need a 5x4.5 to 5x5 wheel adapter.

Someone on youtube used the following adapter and liked it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IVKIZW0/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I recently replaced my shocks with the Rancho RS5000X shocks and my TJ now appears to sit just slightly higher than it did, and my 235's are looking small, (I did buy the shocks for a non-lifted vehicle). I know others have upgraded to JK wheels, but I generally see it done with a lift.

How do you think these will look with no lift? Will a 1.25" adapter be sufficient, and does the above adapter look like a quality adapter? Will the use of the adapter put excessive stress on the bearings? Any feedback is appreciated.

'06 Wrangler X
Automatic
3.73 gears

Thanks!
View attachment 168605
Fletch
Did you get these wheels and if so how did it work out, i am thinking about doing the same thing

Mrholland
What size tires are on your wranglers with the 17" rims and did you change the speedo gear, i have a 2006 with 15" rims and tires are 31x10.5x 15 and i was thinking about some factory 17" from a 2018 and i was thinking about just the factory tire the 2018 came with
I don't remember the size, but they're stock JK tires and rims. Tires measure approx 32.5in. I didn't change the gear on the red jeep, at 60mph on speedo the GPS reports 64-65mph. The tires and rims on the red jeep actually came from the silver jeep after upgrading the silver jeep.

Mrholland
What size tires are on your wranglers with the 17" rims and did you change the speedo gear, i have a 2006 with 15" rims and tires are 31x10.5x 15 and i was thinking about some factory 17" from a 2018 and i was thinking about just the factory tire the 2018 came with
I’m in the same boat. I have a set of 2018 Rubicon takeoffs with 33” KO2 that will go on my ‘98 TJ Sport when I get to that point in my build.