Uses for your old soft top

gg1

TJ Enthusiast
So I have a nice Webber Grille that I really enjoy because it is a gas starter and uses charcoal or wood and they stopped making the original cover. I purchased an aftermarket one and it lasted ONE YEAR compared to the original cover that lasted about 15+ years. Therefore I threw away my new cover because BOOM, my old soft top fits great and it will probably last my lifetime. Love this idea and thought I would share. Anyone else reuse their old top? Pardon my lousy pictures. I was in a hurry, but you get the idea.
07172018958.jpg

07172018959.jpg

I use mine as a tarp. It’s currently covering some Datsun parts.

Nice!! I love clever ideas? I think I have the same grill that you do and I have an old top. And my grill has no cover soooo. I might use that awesome idea!

Maybe @Chris can start another forum with clever Jeep hacks, sort of like "Ikea" hacks, but made out of Jeep parts rather than Ikea products.

I love clever ideas like this. Especially when I have been sitting on a spare top for 7 months now, and nobody has shown any interest.

Reactions: Chris
When I was growing up, we used to take old '40s and '50s car and truck hoods and lay 'em on the ground, right-side-up. Then we'd take a couple of logs cut to the correct length (about 2', or so...) and stand 'em up on end. Place those under the two corners of the backside (cowl/windshield end) of the hood, and nail the hood to the logs. Voila! Instant dog house! The dogs would always dig a hole under the hoods, which helped keep 'em cool in the summer, warm in the winter. In the winter we'd surround the open sides with bales of hay, and throw straw in the hole. We had Huskies, and they loved it. Definitely redneck, but like using your TJ's soft top as a grill cover, it was innovative! Well, creative, at least. Can we agree on imaginative? o_O:D

Reactions: ac_ and Artemis
I use mine for Toilet Paper. It is delicate but abrasive, yet flexible enough to do its job in 1 swipe.

Its also easily washable.. so reusable TP! The California hippies love me for it.

Ok ok.. somewhat a gross joke.

Reactions: skrelnik
I'm on my third top. When I replaced the original one, believe it or not I posted an ad on Craigslist and said perfect for a hunting Jeep. Well I got an offer from a Dr. who needed just that.. something worn but will keep you dry. He offered to trade me a brand new out of the ground pool he won in a raffle but his wife sold that before he came over. I think I got $75 for the top.