Vibration

What do you guy think about the hub conversion all the one I have found have been up to 33” tires and I am running 35”. I thought about doing it but not sure what is the best brand to go with and if they hold up with the bigger tires.

@Jerry Bransford might be able to shed some light on that. I think he has the hub conversion on his TJ, and he's running 35's in some of the toughest trails most of us will not see.

What do you guy think about the hub conversion all the one I have found have been up to 33” tires and I am running 35”. I thought about doing it but not sure what is the best brand to go with and if they hold up with the bigger tires.
Manual hubs only help vibrations if they are from an excessive front pinion angle caused by trying to achieve enough caster angle to give stable steering with good return-to-center..

Warn's big hub kit (the one you see most commonly) is more than up to big tires, I see Jeeps with 40's running them, and it's the one I'm running with my 35's. Yukon bought out Warn's hub line but I'm not so sure they know much about them or their own manual hub line. I tried calling them a couple times seeking help on my Warn hubs but got nowhere. I ended up calling Warn who still had lots of spare parts for their hub line (what a great company!) and finally got the expertise and parts I was seeking... but they don't have the parts any more to sell full conversion kits like they used to sell like hotcakes. Your best bet is to call Yukon and try to find someone who knows what you need to do the conversion.

Reactions: Chris
Sorry, just seen this. Yes I did a hub conversio, I used the Yukon big bolt kit. I am running 33’s on it but I beat it up pretty hard. And yes I did it to solve a harmonic vibration due to 4:88 gears and the 42RlE trans.

Manual hubs only help vibrations if they are from an excessive front pinion angle caused by trying to achieve enough caster angle to give stable steering with good return-to-center..

Warn's big hub kit (the one you see most commonly) is more than up to big tires, I see Jeeps with 40's running them, and it's the one I'm running with my 35's. Yukon bought out Warn's hub line but I'm not so sure they know much about them or their own manual hub line. I tried calling them a couple times seeking help on my Warn hubs but got nowhere. I ended up calling Warn who still had lots of spare parts for their hub line (what a great company!) and finally got the expertise and parts I was seeking... but they don't have the parts any more to sell full conversion kits like they used to sell like hotcakes. Your best bet is to call Yukon and try to find someone who knows what you need to do the conversion.
Thank you

What kit did you go with?
I went just with the alloy USA and replace my axles with the deluxe kit. I am running only 33” tire for some reason thought I had 35”. I know the hubs are not as great as the Yukon 5 on 5.5 but didn’t want to buy new wheels. I am not a hardcore off roader the Jeep is more for hunting season so I can go deeper in the woods. For any one reading this with a driveline vibration that goes away if in four wheel drive or the front shaft off the kit did the job. I will post if anything changes or if I start breaking things.

Reactions: jeepndogs
I went just with the alloy USA and replace my axles with the deluxe kit. I am running only 33” tire for some reason thought I had 35”. I know the hubs are not as great as the Yukon 5 on 5.5 but didn’t want to buy new wheels. I am not a hardcore off roader the Jeep is more for hunting season so I can go deeper in the woods. For any one reading this with a driveline vibration that goes away if in four wheel drive or the front shaft off the kit did the job. I will post if anything changes or if I start breaking things.
Second time out and hubs blew apart in some deep snow. Was told that I shouldn’t be running my locker with the hubs is it just a cheap locking hub and I should but the warn hub on instead or will I just have the same problem running the front locker and a 4.5 on 5 locking hub

What brand SYE did you get? I am having a similar situation. I spent most of the day adjusting control arm a half a turn at a time with no joy.

Thanks, Jim

I had this after I put in a new lift, drive shaft, new rear axle and advance adapters sye. Drove me crazy trying to find because I did so much at once but thought that the transfer case must be the culprit since it stopped in 4wd. The output shaft that came with the sye was out of true, I took it out and took to a machine shop. I think the runout was .08 thousands (not sure if that's the correct way to write it) but I'm not sure. anyway replaced the shaft and I'm good to go. I'm not sure why it did it in 2wd and went away in 4wd but thinking maybe it was the counter torque of being in 4wd. Just a guess

Oops, was referring to SYE on RD3's post

Second time out and hubs blew apart in some deep snow. Was told that I shouldn’t be running my locker with the hubs is it just a cheap locking hub and I should but the warn hub on instead or will I just have the same problem running the front locker and a 4.5 on 5 locking hub
Eric, hi from Barcelona. I'm having your problem with 2wd wibrating in front and not in 4wd. I'm driving a YJ 95 with a front locker.
My YJ as you may know is able to disconnect the passenger hub with something called CAD ( central axel disconnect ), disengaging the wheel. And it vibrates similar. trying to understand....

Eric, hi from Barcelona. I'm having your problem with 2wd wibrating in front and not in 4wd. I'm driving a YJ 95 with a front locker.
My YJ as you may know is able to disconnect the passenger hub with something called CAD ( central axel disconnect ), disengaging the wheel. And it vibrates similar. trying to understand....
One guy solved his. See post #3.