Vibrations after 2” lift installation

Allow me to explain. Let's say you've got a marginal u-joint (you've got 5 front and back in the drive shafts)
The moment you lifted it you increased the angle of all
u-joints. Now if there is one that was marginal before...with the increased stress (more u-joint angle whilst spinning) you can get a vibe alright. More than one marginal u-joint you'll get stringer vibes ahd so on.

U-joints are extremely important and good condition for a smooth drivetrain.

Your next step IMO without question is to change out all
u-joints in both front and rear driveshafts.
Use Spicer 1310

You will need 5 of them. (3 for the front and 2 in the back)

If you don't know the age...perhaps they've never been done in 17 years...it's definitely time.
The fact you just lifted and discuss wheeling quite a bit for your future it will also give you some peace of mind knowing you've got all fresh u-joints.
I say again not knowing their age it's not that expensive to replace and they're a wear item anyways and start at ground zero with new u-joints.
Okay! I get it.

Since I changed 2 u joints of the front driveshaft last year, I will change the 1 remaining of the front, and the 2 of the rear.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009X1X91O/?tag=wranglerorg-20
Should I use the u joint of the link for both 3? Greasable or Non- Greasable?

This will maybe be my first step, along with alignment (I am trying to decide If I am going to buy a ZJ Tie rod before aligning, since I have a "cut" ball joint on my stock Tie rod.)

Evaluate and see what I do next.

Peace of mind is good.

Back when I had a 2" BB I had to lower my skid 1/2" for no vibes.
If you run to the Hardware store know you can have you answer in about 45 min.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Or he can replace the u-joints, get adjustable control arms, sye and driveshaft to do the same thing. It might cost a little more than a bag of thick washers though. :)

Thats my plan! As soon as my schedule allows me.

Or he can replace the u-joints, get adjustable control arms, sye and driveshaft to do the same thing. It might cost a little more than a bag of thick washers though. :)
Sye etc, might be needed in the future for a Tummy tuck, since I don't see myself installing a higher lift (at least in the short future). I am leaning towards not doing atm though, since I think saving for a locker would be wiser.