Washington Walker Valley ORV Area

EJD

TJ Overlander
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I drove into Mount Vernon today to check out Walker Valley ORV Area. Had some fun Jeeping down a few trails and getting a little dirty. I just scratched the surface of what the place had to offer but honestly I want to install my winch before going out too far from home solo. I will absolutely be back!

Trail Map: https://www.dnr.wa.gov/geo/walkervalley.pdf

IMG_7308.JPG

Pretty typical with many trails branching off. They all have interesting obstacles but usually a connector that doesn't if you choose to bypass.
IMG_7305.JPG

This particular trail has a gate keeping general traffic out and only allowing in vehicles that can handle going around it.
IMG_7299.JPG

Pic of the day!
IMG_7309.jpg

Very cool area that I definitely want to check out further once I get my winch installed and/or if any members would like to check it out sometime, hit me up! All that's required is a Discover Pass.

Last edited:
This is going to be a priority for me when I have my rig properly set-up. Still in the parts accumulation phase, but when it's ready......:thumbsup: It would be fun to get a few of us upper-left corner folks together to give it a go.
I hear that! Thats kinda where I am too, theres a couple more things i'de like to have going on but there is stuff that bone stock Jeeps can handle as well. Even if its just being out on a trail enjoying the day.

Mine needs repairs, as well as the upgrades. Some are related. For instance, I'll be installing a Dana 44 in it, so the OME springs and Rancho shocks will go in at the same time (common sense, huh?). Anyways, I've been reading up on Walker Valley, and watched a number of YouTube videos on it for a while, now. Seems like a great place to learn my TJ's capabilities, and my limitations! :rolleyes: :D

bringing this back from the dead!!

I've only been there once on a 4wp customer run and had a blast but my jeep was little at the time and I was pretty limited. I'm only 3 weeks away from being reassembled and all dialed in. Definitely interested in hitting up walker valley.

Reactions: Squatch
I am planning on heading up to Walker Valley this Friday morning for some post Thanksgiving therapy. I told my wife I'd be back by noon (or so), so I will be up there early. I am hoping to find some snow near the top.

Plan is to have the sway bar disconnected by 7am.

(Pic from Reiter Foothills yesterday!)

20191127_084151.jpg

I am planning on heading up to Walker Valley this Friday morning for some post Thanksgiving therapy. I told my wife I'd be back by noon (or so), so I will be up there early. I am hoping to find some snow near the top.

Plan is to have the sway bar disconnected by 7am.

(Pic from Reiter Foothills yesterday!)

View attachment 126762
If I was still in the area, I would have to meet you there. Have fun out there, take pics!
See you also have a new M8000 on there, nice!

Reactions: AustinJeepTJ
Awesome! Planning a trip out there in the spring with my FB group, "LJs out West". This will be our second outing as a group, hoping for a good turn out!
I should have everything figured out by the spring. If you remember, you should post a reminder here if you need a few more guys! I bet there's several people who would be interested.

Last edited:
I'll should have everything figured out by the spring. If you remember, you should post a reminder here if you need a few more guys! I bet there's several people who would be interested.

I have no issues with that! The more the merrier. If there are various levels of builds/experience, we can always split into groups. I will be sure to post up the run when we have decided on the location (Naches or Walker) and dates/times.

Cheers

I have no issues with that! The more the merrier. If there are various levels of builds/experience, we can always split into groups. I will be sure to post up the run when we have decided on the location (Naches or Walker) and dates/times.

Cheers
I'm surprised for a group like that you guys are not just driving a little further south to the Tillamook State Forest to run Cedar Tree & Firebreak 5 to earn 2 Jeep Badges of Honor! :D

Haha, I had to throw it out there, i'm convinced we'll have a bigger meet up there someday.

Reactions: AustinJeepTJ
I'm surprised for a group like that you guys are not just driving a little further south to the Tillamook State Forest to run Cedar Tree & Firebreak 5 to earn 2 Jeep Badges of Honor! :D

Haha, I had to throw it out there, i'm convinced we'll have a bigger meet up there someday.

I think we should try to get a PNW meetup for sometime in the spring or summer. I'd be willing to go anywhere in Washington, Oregon, Idaho or British Columbia. Or even some kind of rotation. That would be super cool.

I like Walker Valley and Reiter Foothills. They are both about an hour away from my house. Reiter goes from tame, fun trails to insane rocks with little in between. I will try to get more trail pics when I am out there next. The newer section has trails my stock KJ can handle.

Walker has more variety when it comes to intermediate trail conditions. Plus the views are awesome. I also like that the ORV community is mixed together. It's fun watching the dirt bikes in the gravel pit while having lunch.

This is just my opinion.

That sounds awesome! We were trying to keep it to a day trip for some people from here in BC but I am totally open to options that I can present to the group!

I like the idea of a loop run. It would be like a mini across the border Ultimate adventure :)

there is actually a run like that planned for BC next year

Reactions: Vasq and EJD
Did the bolt shear off and disappear or... what happened?

Disappear, from what I can tell. Bushing is ok (I am going to replace them when I service the axle anyway) and the control arm is still one piece. New bolt is in and I just finished a drive. Double checked the others.

Reactions: Squatch and Vasq