Walmart self checkout?

Fuck subscriptions - If I wanted to pay for a subscription, I'd get a smartphone. Seriously, if I paid $98/yr for "Walmart+", I'd expect someone else to fucking check the damn groceries. I virtually never use self checkout anyway (anywhere).

@Zorba Did they get these quotes from you? 🤔

"First, they made me do someone else's job by implementing self-checkout,"

"Now they want me to pay them to do someone else's job. I hate Walmart."

"If taking jobs away from people by replacing them with computers/robots wasn’t bad enough, they’re now charging already paying customers to pay to use self-checkouts?"

Reactions: Zorba
I love self-checkout, rather do it myself than deal with the checkers at most locations.

And I wonder, how many complaining about self-checkout use the pay at the pump option when buying gas? :unsure:

Seen various articles about lots of product theft, incorrect barcodes being scanned for the product and skip scanning at self checkouts lately. Might be trying to recoup some of the lost monies from shrink by forcing a subscription for access or pay an additional fee to use it with less employee oversight vs a standard checkout.

I know the iceberg lettuce ive bought in self checkouts most definitely was not romaine, Im like 99.9% sure it's not romaine.. could be wrong though, what do I know lettuce is lettuce right. Additionally the organic bananas were most certainly just regular old bananas, definitely not organic... I mean they look like regular bananas. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: SouthernTJ2000
HEADLINE = CLICKBAIT and it's intentionally misleading.
Why ?? Because most of Americans are just headline readers......and get emotional.

Walmart is simply adding a special checkout section for their "Premier members" to have a faster checkout option
They didn't say anything about FORCING everyone to pay a fee to self checkout.

Personally if someone wants to pay a premium for a faster checkout line, who are we to say they can't do it ???
Theme parks have been doing this for years......Speed Pass, etc.

I do not own their business, and it doesn't bother me at all.......
The world is full of too many Karens

HEADLINE = CLICKBAIT and it's intentionally misleading.
Why ?? Because most of Americans are just headline readers......and get emotional.

Walmart is simply adding a special checkout section for their "Premier members" to have a faster checkout option
They didn't say anything about FORCING everyone to pay a fee to self checkout.

Personally if someone wants to pay a premium for a faster checkout line, who are we to say they can't do it ???
Theme parks have been doing this for years......Speed Pass, etc.

I do not own their business, and it doesn't bother me at all.......
The world is full of too many Karens

I call that "rage bait". And a lot of media outlets, of all kinds, are doing this garbage. It gets a headline reader's attention, you click the article (they get their revenue) and most people don't read the entire thing. Good times ahead for society. Hold on tight!

I won't go into a Walmart under any circumstances, I think I've been inside one once in the past decade. Big fan of the company itself however, can't beat the prices most often, so whatever I need I toss in my online 'shopping cart' & when I hit the magic $35 free delivery threshold I hit send & the shit shows up on my doorstep, it's all too simple, I'm not sure why anyone walks into that Godforsaken hellhole in person. One gripe with them is they do play that game where certain items aren't available to be shipped, so I just don't buy them there, Amazon usually gets the nod on those items.

As for self-checkout, it's the only way I can tolerate stepping into the two remaining stores I still frequent in person which include the grocery store & Home Depot. I don't get all butt-hurt about 'doing someone else's job', if that's the price I have to pay to not deal with a retard so be it, and retards include the cashier that somehow manages to do the job slower than I can in self-checkout, and the inevitable dope in line in front of me that just can't figure out how to work his/her credit card, or has some fucking problem with something that jams up the entire operation. All those issues are eliminated in self-checkout, particularly when you show up at 6am when they open & you have the entire bank of 10 lanes to pick from. Now, when the self-checkout scanner/computer takes a dump & has technical difficulties, that can be a pain in the balls, mostly because you're now at the mercy of the dope you were trying to avoid to begin with to un-jam the machine. All in all that's a rarity so still the only way to fly.

Reactions: SouthernTJ2000
I won't go into a Walmart under any circumstances, I think I've been inside one once in the past decade. Big fan of the company itself however, can't beat the prices most often, so whatever I need I toss in my online 'shopping cart' & when I hit the magic $35 free delivery threshold I hit send & the shit shows up on my doorstep, it's all too simple, I'm not sure why anyone walks into that Godforsaken hellhole in person. One gripe with them is they do play that game where certain items aren't available to be shipped, so I just don't buy them there, Amazon usually gets the nod on those items.

As for self-checkout, it's the only way I can tolerate stepping into the two remaining stores I still frequent in person which include the grocery store & Home Depot. I don't get all butt-hurt about 'doing someone else's job', if that's the price I have to pay to not deal with a retard so be it, and retards include the cashier that somehow manages to do the job slower than I can in self-checkout, and the inevitable dope in line in front of me that just can't figure out how to work his/her credit card, or has some fucking problem with something that jams up the entire operation. All those issues are eliminated in self-checkout, particularly when you show up at 6am when they open & you have the entire bank of 10 lanes to pick from. Now, when the self-checkout scanner/computer takes a dump & has technical difficulties, that can be a pain in the balls, mostly because you're now at the mercy of the dope you were trying to avoid to begin with to un-jam the machine. All in all that's a rarity so still the only way to fly.

Same standpoint on self checkout. Same when I place an order on the rare occasions I set foot in a taco bell or McDonald's (usually a road trip when nothing else is available).

Most of my work is for Walmart so I go into them quite frequently but for personal reasons it's only a couple of times a year when it's actually the most convenient option. If I need groceries, or I just need one thing that can be had literally anywhere else, I'll go anywhere else. But sometimes I need sunscreen, coffee, motor oil, a bag of fertilizer, printer ink and a fresh pack of boxer briefs and there's no other way to get all that stuff without going to at least 3 different places.

The big thing by me for groceries is the curbside delivery. They do all the shopping and you pull up for the. To bring your groceries to your vehicle. Select what you want online and pay online.

Reactions: 1o1proof
The big thing by me for groceries is the curbside delivery. They do all the shopping and you pull up for the. To bring your groceries to your vehicle. Select what you want online and pay online.

I still haven't made that leap as of yet. It will be the hill I die on, but eventually I'll likely end up getting even (fresh) groceries delivered too. I buy a lot of produce & I just prefer hand picking that stuff myself. When it comes to things like cereal, tuna, coffee beans and so forth, those all come from either Walmart or Amazon to my doorstep, the grocery store is reserved for fresh things. Also shop at roadside stands a lot for fresher local produce, but that's seasonal...

I could easily have Home Depot stuff delivered too, but that's the one store I still enjoy actually going to & it's less than 10 minutes away so it's really convenient. And their self-checkout is probably the best out there, just pick up that scanning gun & fire away, it's a beautiful thing. Again, especially at 6am when I pretty much have the entire store to myself :LOL:

I still haven't made that leap as of yet. It will be the hill I die on, but eventually I'll likely end up getting even (fresh) groceries delivered too. I buy a lot of produce & I just prefer hand picking that stuff myself. When it comes to things like cereal, tuna, coffee beans and so forth, those all come from either Walmart or Amazon to my doorstep, the grocery store is reserved for fresh things. Also shop at roadside stands a lot for fresher local produce, but that's seasonal...

We learned early on that canned/boxed/dairy goods are fine with the pickup services, but meats, produce and fruit are not. The pickers always just pick whatever is on top, and that always seems to be the worst of the bunch.

We learned early on that canned/boxed/dairy goods are fine with the pickup services, but meats, produce and fruit are not. The pickers always just pick whatever is on top, and that always seems to be the worst of the bunch.

Exactly my thinking, we have been burned before. @Apparition you would let them pick your whole packer brisket for the MAK?

We once ordered a dozen apples to have delivered to our door. They brought us a single apple instead. This was King Soopers though and not Walmart.

• Haha
Reactions: BlueC
We once ordered a dozen apples to have delivered to our door. They brought us a single apple instead. This was King Soopers though and not Walmart.

Here's something wild to me - I can get Kroger delivered to my doorstep, but there's not a single Kroger or Kroger subsidiary grocery store in the state of Oklahoma. I wonder how long we have until big chains like Kroger and Walmart go after the Amazon model and abandon brick and motor stores and go all-internet, all-delivery.