Warn Tire Carrier Sag

xvega

I have a Warn tire carrier that sags on my 04 Jeep TJ; I assume it's the bearing but in no way can I find out where to order or fix this.

I've been doing research for months with no luck.

Has anyone fixed one before? I don't want to take this thing apart, just incase it doesn't perform like it did if put back together

Attachments

• IMG_5750.MOV
    5.6 MB
Apologies about the poor excuse for the uploaded clip... I have no idea how to post it without download.

Best,
V

I would take it to someone that does metal fabrication work. They should be able to fix it for you. One of the pillars on mine has rust damage and split, so i am going to get it repaired by a fab guy. Then recoat it.

I would take it to someone that does metal fabrication work. They should be able to fix it for you. One of the pillars on mine has rust damage and split, so i am going to get it repaired by a fab guy. Then recoat it.
Yeah I’ll look into that option forsure. Any other suggestion as per the vid?

If it like the warn one I just took off it is just a bushing. I was able to order parts for it from warn a few years back. Just got tired of the rattles and replaced it with an ORFAB carrier.
There is a wear washer under it that helps.

Reactions: Rick Flair
If it like the warn one I just took off it is just a bushing. I was able to order parts for it from warn a few years back. Just got tired of the rattles and replaced it with an ORFAB carrier.
There is a wear washer under it that helps.
Do you have a link for the replacement parts you bought before?

It might not have a bearing.. No idea how it's wiggling then, unless it's extremely worn out....

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 7.17.02 PM.png

It might just be bushings pressed into the tire carrier part. I’d contact Warn about it and see if bearings or bushings are available for it. Or if not, they can give you technical info on the sizes so you can source them somewhere else.

Warn is very helpful and has always had great customer service for me.

I just recently contacted them about a P/N for the little rubber boots for the cables that attach to a winch motor. They ended up sending me a set for free.

It might just be bushings pressed into the tire carrier part. I’d contact Warn about it and see if bearings or bushings are available for it. Or if not, they can give you technical info on the sizes so you can source them somewhere else.

Warn is very helpful and has always had great customer service for me.

I just recently contacted them about a P/N for the little rubber boots for the cables that attach to a winch motor. They ended up sending me a set for free.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll reach out to them tomorrow - hopefully there is a solution

Reactions: MountaineerTom
as others have said, call Warn, they have the replacement bushings to tighten that joint up. I did the same on my CJ a few years back...

Reactions: Rick Flair
I have a Warn tire carrier that sags on my 04 Jeep TJ; I assume it's the bearing but in no way can I find out where to order or fix this.

I've been doing research for months with no luck.

Has anyone fixed one before? I don't want to take this thing apart, just incase it doesn't perform like it did if put back together
I happened to find my spare nylon washer I ordered. If you have any trouble finding one let me know and it’s yours for the cost of postage.

Reactions: P man