Washington Washington members that live to wheel

Thinking of heading north this weekend with my TJ and my wife's JK and her rooftop tent.

Fall Creek to Portland to Seattle is roughly a 4 hr drive. That or the Yakima area.

Any suggestions preferably southern or central Washington that would have some decent camping and trails to run... don't need to be at work till Monday morning.

Anyone want to join us? Anyone have plans and want more idiots?

-Mac

Elbe Hills is right up your alley. Great trails and has camping spots.

Just stay off the Busywild.

Thinking of heading north this weekend with my TJ and my wife's JK and her rooftop tent.

Fall Creek to Portland to Seattle is roughly a 4 hr drive. That or the Yakima area.

Any suggestions preferably southern or central Washington that would have some decent camping and trails to run... don't need to be at work till Monday morning.

Anyone want to join us? Anyone have plans and want more idiots?

-Mac

Everything around here in central WA is closed to wheeled vehicles though I don't think they've started grooming the trails for the snowmobiles yet but as far as I know Dec 15 is the cutoff for when the roads are closed.

As PNW just suggested Elbe would be one place. Or if you haven't been there what about Browns Cap (Tillamook Forest) outside of Portland?

As PNW just suggested Elbe would be one place. Or if you haven't been there what about Browns Cap (Tillamook Forest) outside of Portland?

We've been to Brown's Camp...but now that I think about it that was when I was on bald 33 KO2s and my wife was in her 2 door JK.

That's two hours closer and probably a better destination for now...be interesting to see how much better I do on 35s.

-Mac

Reactions: Wildman
We've been to Brown's Camp...but now that I think about it that was when I was on bald 33 KO2s and my wife was in her 2 door JK.

That's two hours closer and probably a better destination for now...be interesting to see how much better I do on 35s.

-Mac

It's been a while since I've been there but I was on 35's then. Previous time I was on 33's but they were A/T's.
The only downside to Browns Camp IMO is that the trails are a little short and you spend more time driving from trail to trail. But it's still a fun area. The rock crawl area can take all day if you try to make the whole thing. But from what I remember the upper section is more suitable for buggies.

I got this from the PNW4WDA. Comment that OHV recreation is needed. Being a disabled veteran I included that in my comments stating that it was how I got around now.

PLEASE COMMENT BY CLICKING THE LINK. DON'T LET US BE EXCLUDED FROM THE RECREATION PLAN.

Norhtwest Forest Plan Amendment

OHV User Groups need to comment on the project stating the need for Off-Road Recreation needs to be included in this plan. Many projects on our public lands have been completed by volunteers in this user group.

Links are listed below for comment (just click on the link, super easy) and if you want more information than contained in this email there are two remaining webinar links.

Off-road vehicle recreation stands out as a transformative outdoor activity that not only benefits a wide range of enthusiasts but also significantly enhances accessibility for individuals with mobile disabilities. By embracing adaptive technology, improving trail infrastructure, and fostering inclusivity, public lands can continue to provide a platform for diverse communities to connect with nature and enjoy the many benefits of off-road exploration.

Link to comment: https://cara.fs2c.usda.gov/Public//CommentInput?Project=64745

Link to project: https://www.fs.usda.gov/project/?project=64745&exp=overview

Just FYI if anyone is planning on heading to Walker Valley Feb. 3rd/4th.

1706562774844.png

I was there that Sunday. There were a bunch of signs that said trail closed, but there was warden hanging out that said they don’t enforce it on the weekend. We did all the closed trails.

They are reportedly done logging, we are working with DNR to ensure the trails (humps and bumps in particular) are rebuilt well... goal is actually to build them back better than they were before... happening any time, I believe there is a meeting on it this week.

We finished the re-decking of the bridge on Ez valley connector in one day on the 3rd so it was only closed that day.

They are reportedly done logging, we are working with DNR to ensure the trails (humps and bumps in particular) are rebuilt well... goal is actually to build them back better than they were before... happening any time, I believe there is a meeting on it this week.

We finished the re-decking of the bridge on Ez valley connector in one day on the 3rd so it was only closed that day.

Time lapse video of the bridge work.

Anyone weld or know welders within ~40 miles of Seattle or the Eastside (Bellevue)? Looking to get my axle brackets burned in this weekend. Everything's prepped and ready, shouldn't take more than an hour or two, doesn't have to be perfect welds just decent enough looking and sturdy.

Reactions: PNW_LJ
What’s up all!!
Haven’t been around much lately,I’ve been busy getting the shop in order, and working on the jeep and such.
I’ll be at the hearty haul out in April, but are there any other cleanup:
/maintenance runs coming up asap? I gotta get my kid some volunteer hours for school. There is usually one at Evan’s creek about this time of year but can’t seem to find it.
Anyways, hope everyone here has been good and actually wheeling/wrenching more than talking about it. (I’ve been talking more than either so I already suck)

What’s up all!!
Haven’t been around much lately,I’ve been busy getting the shop in order, and working on the jeep and such.
/maintenance runs coming up asap? I gotta get my kid some volunteer hours for school. There is usually one at Evan’s creek about this time of year but can’t seem to find it.
Anyways, hope everyone here has been good and actually wheeling/wrenching more than talking about it. (I’ve been talking more than either so I already suck)
In Feb I did an auto swap, and since I’ve wheeled a ‘little” on three occasions. I learned I need an auxiliary cooler, so I’m working on that and my front turn signals and side markers. Also got an engine skid to install with some different MML. Beadlocks should be mounted this week. Then I should be done for this wheelin season.

What’s up all!!

There's one at Elbe on April 13th,

Reactions: reddvltj
What’s up all!!

Did you mean hefty haul out in Walker Valley ORV? If so I'll be there with other club members.

We just ran Sadie Creek ORV Saturday, turned into an 13 hour ordeal lol and the first time I've been out since Thanksgiving weekend when I cracked my upper control arm mount (front). After fixing that I installed my Rubicrawler and did a bunch of fluid flush/changes.

A lot of the people I know will be spending the months after hefty haul out prepping for Trail Jam in July... after that the next big clean ups We usually attend (have to pick one or the other as they are the same weekend) are Ocean Shore Patrol out on the coast, or Pick Up a Mountain over in Naches area.

Events run by clubs associated with the Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association are typically posted here as well:
https://www.pnw4wda.org/calendar-of-events