Washington Washington members that live to wheel

I don't see why not. Alot of guys are police and firefighters or retired ones. To add this is a no chicks trip.

Oh... so is there's gonna be strippers??? I'll bring the $ bills!!!

money stripper GIF

I’m not sure how i have put more money into this jeep in the last 5 years than what the jeep cost new. Seems like a boat would have been cheaper.

We don't even want to talk about how much I've put into mine over the last 4 years... I bought mine in 2002 for $11,000 and I KNOW I've spent that and much much more between both builds.

Hey Washington friends! Do you all have a favorite off-road shop in the Cle Elum/Ellensburg area? Or as far out as Yakima? Looking to talk with someone about getting Blacky a makeover with a suspension lift and a few other mountain-worthy upgrades. What shop out here do you all love and trust?

If this isn't the right place for this question, please move it/delete it, I learn....but slowly.

Thanks!

Reactions: reddvltj
Hey Washington friends! Do you all have a favorite off-road shop in the Cle Elum/Ellensburg area? Or as far out as Yakima? Looking to talk with someone about getting Blacky a makeover with a suspension lift and a few other mountain-worthy upgrades. What shop out here do you all love and trust?

If this isn't the right place for this question, please move it/delete it, I learn....but slowly.

Thanks!

Nothing in our area... The closest would be Auburn Auto Repair or Aaron's Olympic 4x4 in Snohomish. There isn't anything in Yakima area anymore that I know of.

Nothing in our area... The closest would be Auburn Auto Repair or Aaron's Olympic 4x4 in Snohomish. There isn't anything in Yakima area anymore that I know of.

Thanks for the reply! I'm surprised no enterprising wrench-turners have set up a shop in that area. You know there's rigs that limp out of the mountains looking for a good TJ emergency room.

• Haha
Thanks for the reply! I'm surprised no enterprising wrench-turners have set up a shop in that area. You know there's rigs that limp out of the mountains looking for a good TJ emergency room.

There used to be a 4x4 shop in Yakima but it's closed now. I can ask guys in my club if they know of any shops in the Yakima area but most of them do their own work.

I've limped out of Naches or Liberty area enough times but I've always had to repair it myself. If you decide to go over to the wetside I've heard a lot of good things about Auburn Auto.
Aaron's is under new management as of about 5 years ago so I can't comment on them.

There used to be a 4x4 shop in Yakima but it's closed now. I can ask guys in my club if they know of any shops in the Yakima area but most of them do their own work.

I've limped out of Naches or Liberty area enough times but I've always had to repair it myself. If you decide to go over to the wetside I've heard a lot of good things about Auburn Auto.
Aaron's is under new management as of about 5 years ago so I can't comment on them.

Vote #2 for Auburn Auto! I've done my own work in the past but my brother is financing the project (he lives over in CE) and I am out of commission....I destroyed my knee sledding down a mountain in Idaho. Yep, sledding. It was amazing until it wasn't.

• Wow
Reactions: Wildman
Vote #2 for Auburn Auto! I've done my own work in the past but my brother is financing the project (he lives over in CE) and I am out of commission....I destroyed my knee sledding down a mountain in Idaho. Yep, sledding. It was amazing until it wasn't.

They've been very active in the 4x4 crowd for 20÷ years that I know of.

I can relate to being out of commission. My TJ was parked for 10 years when I wasn't able to work on it.

They've been very active in the 4x4 crowd for 20÷ years that I know of.

I can relate to being out of commission. My TJ was parked for 10 years when I wasn't able to work on it.

Even when my back was at it's worst and it took 5min to get up from the creeper I still turned my own wrenches. The thought of someone else wrenching on my tj gave me shudders. It took me over a year to find someone I was comfortable with to install my gears and e lockers.

Thanks!

I can recommend Billy Bob's in Milton if you come to the west side.

Even when my back was at it's worst and it took 5min to get up from the creeper I still turned my own wrenches. The thought of someone else wrenching on my tj gave me shudders. It took me over a year to find someone I was comfortable with to install my gears and e lockers.

I know enough to know that I don't mess with gears. I like turning wrenches on things that have a little more tolerance for shaky hands and wandering minds.

I know enough to know that I don't mess with gears. I like turning wrenches on things that have a little more tolerance for shaky hands and wandering minds.

The shop I found does a great job setting up gears. The only complaint I have is the use of an impact when installing the diff cover.