Washington Washington members that live to wheel

Sounds like the Tamer's "Red Eye Run"

We’ve run ti to them many, many times that night. We would see them rolling into Enumclaw Safeway then our goal would be to get out on the trail befor them since they used to have a much larger turnout and ran trail at a much slower pace than our smaller group. Always fun running into them though.

Reactions: reddvltj
If there’s enough interest I could be talked into taking another group through it in mid November when there’s snow on the ground. It’s usually a lot tougher, makes for a cold nights sleep but still a blast

Weekends of 5-6 and 12-13 November appear to be clear on my calendar.
I'm on stock 30's and no lockers, think I'd be ok over there with it snowy?

Weekends of 5-6 and 12-13 November appear to be clear on my calendar.
I'm on stock 30's and no lockers, think I'd be ok over there with it snowy?

I wouldn’t do it if there’s a lot of snow, I’d say min 33’s one locker and a winch. I’ve had to pull cable with both ends locked on 35’s, 36’s and 37’s. Even with a good layer of mud the first hill climb is tough and gets rutted, and with no locker your probably going to need a winch. But if the weather stays like it has been and not too much rain, you’d be fine

I wouldn’t do it if there’s a lot of snow, I’d say min 33’s one locker and a winch. I’ve had to pull cable with both ends locked on 35’s, 36’s and 37’s. Even with a good layer of mud the first hill climb is tough and gets rutted, and with no locker your probably going to need a winch. But if the weather stays like it has been and not too much rain, you’d be fine

So maybe best to aim for a run during 5-6 Nov and keep an eye on the weather and conditions over there. Maybe run during daylight if it could get gnarly…

So maybe best to aim for a run during 5-6 Nov and keep an eye on the weather and conditions over there. Maybe run during daylight if it could get gnarly…

Or... now hear me out, you could do a gear swap with e-lockers, suspension lift, and 35s between now and Nov.
Maybe??

I’ll know more after the 22nd, but it would probably still be a night run, one of the main reasons we run this late in the year and at night is to make it as hard as possible.

Or... now hear me out, you could do a gear swap with e-lockers, suspension lift, and 35s between now and Nov.
Maybe??

Will need a belly up, engine skid and should address brakes as well.

I appreciate both of your enthusiasm.
But why would I do e-lockers when I already installed a compressor?! 😆

Serious question though, what would I need to address wrt brakes? I have discs all around—just one of the big brake kits? Currently pretty low on my todo list given the cost and would rather spend on a really good lift.

I appreciate both of your enthusiasm.
But why would I do e-lockers when I already installed a compressor?! 😆

Serious question though, what would I need to address wrt brakes? I have discs all around—just one of the big brake kits? Currently pretty low on my todo list given the cost and would rather spend on a really good lift.

If you're building incrementally you can get by on the BMB Brake Pads until you have the funds to upgrade to the Big Brake Kit.

Hi all, let me know if there is a better place to post this but I wanted to share.

I went out to Evans Creek and was super impressed, although it was very, very dry. I usually hit Reiter or Walker because of proximity but Evans Creek is the type of trail running I am really in to. Plus, with the weather being so clear (minus the smoke), I wanted to catch some views.

I think my favorite trails were 102 upper and 520/198. 311 was a lot of fun and not as difficult as some of the ytube videos make it out to be but that may have been a product of the conditions being so dry. I also didn't attempt any of the significant obstacles due to this being a solo mission and all. Just in case that wasn't obvious.

I am interested in meeting up or headed out on some kind of notice. Reiter and Walker are in striking distance for me and I feel like I know them pretty well. I'd also be into planning a Washington Backcountry Discovery Trail trip for next year, if anyone is interested.

@Mumblewood, @Wildman, thanks for putting this thread together!

20221015_071412.jpg

20221015_074528.jpg

20221015_061006.jpg

20221015_080438.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all, let me know if there is a better place to post this but I wanted to share.

I went out to Evans Creek and was super impressed, although it was very, very dry. I usually hit Reiter or Walker because of proximity but Evans Creek is the type of trail running I am really in to. Plus, with the weather being so clear (minus the smoke), I wanted to catch some views.

I think my favorite trails were 102 upper and 520/198. 311 was a lot of fun and not as difficult as some of the ytube videos make it out to be but that may have been a product of the conditions being so dry. I also didn't attempt any of the significant obstacles due to this being a solo mission and all. Just in case that wasn't obvious.

I am interested in meeting up or headed out on some kind of notice. Reiter and Walker are in striking distance for me and I feel like I know them pretty well. I'd also be into planning a Washington Backcountry Discovery Trail trip for next year, if anyone is interested.

View attachment 367289

View attachment 367288

View attachment 367287

View attachment 367286

The more notice I have the better, I had to bail on some trips this summer but that was due to not having the jeep fixed, but now that it’s back up and running I’m want to take it out as much as I can.
I’ll probably head to Evans in mid December, just prior to it closing for the winter and maybe a time or two before then.
One of my friends jeeps is almost done again and I know he and I want to head back to Walker with the weather turns a bit more wet.
We used to go to old Reiter a lot but only 1 ot 2 of us has been to new Reiter so that’s on the winter list.
And there’s always Elbe.

View attachment 367289

View attachment 367288

View attachment 367287

View attachment 367286

Welcome and great pictures. It's been years since I've been to Elbe or Evans. But once the Jeep is back together hope to hit them up a few times to test it all out. And since it's been years since I was last at Reiter it's on my todo list . Depending on when I get the Jeep done if the trails over here are closed (Dec 15 most years) I'll most likely make Reiter my shake down run spot... So hopefully a few of you can come out and give me shit when I break stuff, oops I mean show off all my amazing work.

So I got some of those rancho rs5000x shocks that everyone on here raves about. One thing to note is the reviews are correct. That the paint (and welds) are complete shit. I have them all prepped to paint tomorrow. Next weekend will be a good comparison.

I‘ve prepped and painted two sets of Rancho’s, and I have a third set I’m about to paint. Only recommendation is after scuffing them up and topcoating them is using some 1K gloss clear. The paint will hold up much better. I’m sure 2K would be even better.

Last edited:
I‘ve prepped and painted two sets of Rancho’s, and I have a third set I’m about to paint. Only recommendation is after scuffing them up and topcoating them is using some 1K gloss clear. The paint will hold up much better. I’m sure 2K would be even better.

I just got them with some hammertite, it’ll match the steering, and control arms and stuff

6F9819FB-5560-4304-B6E9-3C14E091F72C.jpeg