Washington Washington members that live to wheel

Right on, I’ve met and wheeled with a few from that club in the past, there a good group.

I have no experience w a club or group. When I reached out they were so cool.
Very first time I met the group, they were meeting at a members house who has a lift.
They put every jeep that showed up on the lift to look for any problems or issues. They fixed or corrected something on almost every jeep. Free to the members.
That's cool. They want their members to be safe and have fun.

The bonus is I'm learning new jeep things just about every day I'm around them.

Very first time I met the group, they were meeting at a members house who has a lift.
They put every jeep that showed up on the lift to look for any problems or issues. They fixed or corrected something on almost every jeep. Free to the members.

Wow that is an awesome idea!

IMO the biggest upside to the clubs is the weight the collective voice carries politically. The effort the clubs put in to building, maintaining, and cleaning trail systems also goes a long way to keeping them open.
The other benefits vary from club to club but for the most part what I remember from my club days is there aren't any real down sides.

Yes, region 2. It's Cascade 4 X 4 club in Tacoma.
They are quite active and do a few runs per month. As a "loner" I never get enough seat time, so hoping I can get out more to play, hang w Jeep guys, learn more about my jeep, have fun!
I'm new to any club action, and haven't as yet found a downsside.
I've been to 2 sanctioned club events and three meetings. They have already taken my dues, even though I'm not in yet. Certain it's just a matter of time...

Cascade 4x4 came over and did Rimrock with my club back in 2007. I'm sure they've come over since too but that's the time I remember.

IMO the biggest upside to the clubs is the weight the collective voice carries politically. The effort the clubs put in to building, maintaining, and cleaning trail systems also goes a long way to keeping them open.
The other benefits vary from club to club but for the most part what I remember from my club days is there aren't any real down sides.

It's something I've tried talking about a few times here but most times people just seem to be anti-club anymore. And I get that some have had BAD experiences with clubs or groups but that doesn't mean all are bad.

When I was stationed in MD the club I was in use to have wrenching weekends. If someone had a project or mod they needed help with we'd all show up at their house or a members house that had the tools needed and wrench on their stuff. It was a great way for those who didn't know as much to learn and depending on the project we'd get it knocked out that much faster.
Have a BBQ after and do some bench wheeling.

Wow that is an awesome idea!

I was really impressed how the members really watch out for each other. They had a welder machine and welder standing by.
I seen that welder get used on about half the jeeps. Just a nice touch at the beginning of the season to hopefully help ensure you get out, but get back in, too.

I agree to the political side. Since trying to hook up with the club I've been to 2 club meetings and 1 delegate meeting. There are so many issues and challenges to keeping our trail systems open. I never really knew, or paid attention. I'm now becoming "woke" to all the hard work to keep and maintain trails, and to fight back all those who want to shut us down and keep us off the trails. I never knew how many oppose us!
And, it's the club making me aware...

Cascade 4x4 came over and did Rimrock with my club back in 2007. I'm sure they've come over since too but that's the time I remember.

They have been at Trail Jam the last two years I've been there. I'm not sure if they have hosted trails in the past, but I hope they do. I'd also like to be a part of that.

Reactions: reddvltj
They have been at Trail Jam the last two years I've been there. I'm not sure if they have hosted trails in the past, but I hope they do. I'd also like to be a part of that.

This was a week run my club was doing and they came over for the weekend.

Most clubs rotate as trail hosts to try and allow different clubs to get in on the action. Of course, there is always the issues some years of not having enough clubs to be hosts. There is a LOT of time and work involved with being a host club.
You have to make pre-runs on your trails and clear them of downed trees & snow removal. So, 3-4 weekends are spent getting the trails ready for the Jamboree. Plus, there is the spring cleanup of Jim Sprick Park.

It's something I've tried talking about a few times here but most times people just seem to be anti-club anymore. And I get that some have had BAD experiences with clubs or groups but that doesn't mean all are bad.

When I was stationed in MD the club I was in use to have wrenching weekends. If someone had a project or mod they needed help with we'd all show up at their house or a members house that had the tools needed and wrench on their stuff. It was a great way for those who didn't know as much to learn and depending on the project we'd get it knocked out that much faster.
Have a BBQ after and do some bench wheeling.

That is so cool for some of the guys who don't know to much about their jeeps (me). I still have so many questions it's why I wanted to join a jeep club, not just a 4 X 4 club.
This was a week run my club was doing and they came over for the weekend.

Most clubs rotate as trail hosts to try and allow different clubs to get in on the action. Of course, there is always the issues some years of not having enough clubs to be hosts. There is a LOT of time and work involved with being a host club.
You have to make pre-runs on your trails and clear them of downed trees & snow removal. So, 3-4 weekends are spent getting the trails ready for the Jamboree. Plus, there is the spring cleanup of Jim Sprick Park.

I definitely would be a part of all that, just because it gets me off the pavement and out in the hills. That place is beautiful, and there no way I could spend touch time there.
That's all actually part of the club experience I'm looking for.

From what I know about the club I think you'll enjoy them and they seem to be a pretty active club.

My club is going thru the no one wants to do runs or anything else. And we're back down to the core members again. At one point we had close to 40 members but now I think we're down to about 15 or less. It just seems to be a thing all clubs go thru.

From what I know about the club I think you'll enjoy them and they seem to be a pretty active club.

My club is going thru the no one wants to do runs or anything else. And we're back down to the core members again. At one point we had close to 40 members but now I think we're down to about 15 or less. It just seems to be a thing all clubs go thru.

When I first bought my jeep in 2018 I reached out to a few local clubs that I can't remember, cause they don't exist any more. For some reasons, it seems several clubs were fragmenting, with various members each wanting different things from their clubs.
Several clubs told me they didn't know if they would survive these issues. I'm pretty certain several didnt.

Uh the downside is JKs on 32s with open diffs.

I'll admit to thinking of selling my TJ a few times and getting a LJ but that was when I was hauling 3 other people with me. Now that it's only me I don't need that extra space.

I pulled my back seat years ago and don't run with it.
I do have three tool bags w tools/gear, and stuff I think is necessary shit.
A small cushon for Jaxon (my jeep running mate-corgi, and a small cooler and I'm so effing loaded up.
I really would like that extra mile, but I love the shit outta my short TJ when I'm running trails.