Water in Passenger Floorboard (A/C)

KingCarGuyZ

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Aight, we have another water in the passenger floorboard page.

IMG_3826.JPG

...but this one is interesting... its not Rain, its A/C Condensate. Meaning it the water has nothing to do with any water outside the jeep, but seems to correlate with the amount of time that the A/C is on, and in the relative humidity (which can be significant down here). I already have an extended A/C drain line that drops behind the passenger front and appears to be clear (it drops tons of water). It's not coolant, but just plain water. Probably a year ago I had the HVAC box out to replace the heater Core and A/C Evap. I'm kinda scratching my head as to there it must be coming from, crack in the HVAC box? Condensate from the HVAC being too cold? some other drain?

Suggestions welcome, I'm trying to limit the amount of time I have to spend poking around with my feet above my head :)

The HVAC box is cold and water will condense on the outside of it drip down. Same thing will happen here in GA.

that's what I was guessing, any fix or just live with it? I suppose I could wrap what whole box in insulation or something - Royal PITA