Weep hole dry

AaronPaul

TJ Enthusiast
Few days ago, went out to the garage, and saw some coolant on the floor, more than just a few drops. Teresa, back as far as I could, was guessing it was the water pump. Today I take off the applicable parts and as I’m looking at the water pump, I no longer think it’s the weep hole or the pump.

Ideas? All hoses look ok as I see zero coolant on them or any trace of coolant leaking.

IMG_7115.jpeg

Start it up and warm it to operating temp. Then, start looking for your leak. Based on where you are seeing it leaking from, it's likely either the thermostat housing/hoses or the water pump. I'm guessing the water pump. The water pump is still the most likely source given it's leaking down the front of the engine. Water pumps can leak intermittently as they are failing but pretty soon, if it's the water pump, it'll start leaking all the time.

Start it up and warm it to operating temp. Then, start looking for your leak. Based on where you are seeing it leaking from, it's likely either the thermostat housing/hoses or the water pump. I'm guessing the water pump. The water pump is still the most likely source given it's leaking down the front of the engine. Water pumps can leak intermittently as they are failing but pretty soon, if it's the water pump, it'll start leaking all the time.

I had a crack where the top hose is connected that only leaked when it heated up and expanded. I was laying my hand on the top hose and it started to spray out. Needed new radiator.

Reactions: TheBoogieman