Weird track bar contraption

I had this PROCRAP stuff on my TJ when I bought it. And I of course didn't know any better so I left it on there until 2004 when the heim's all sized up and I had DW. I replaced all of it then but I remember dealing with that crap wondering who and why it was designed like this.

Reactions: Jake kozlowski
img_20200430_203854-jpg.jpg

img_20200430_203902-jpg.jpg

img_20200430_203914-jpg.jpg

Something missing on that bolt in the second picture

• Wow
Reactions: taylormade73
This is a ProComp setup from back in the 90's. Those heims will freeze up on you and cause BAD death wobble.
Don't ask me how I know.

X2…. I had that exact setup… here’s how it happens…. High school kid ow a jeep and installs Cheap lift that comes with drop pitman arm… kid knows no better and drop pitman installed… steering sucks….. drop bracket installed to correct angles ish (those 2 bars simply brace the drop bracket and prevent pivoting on the frame side bracket)….. NEXT
I buy said jeep and begin installing quality adjustable parts…. Get everything dialed in nicely EXCEPT now those bars are in a bind and two days ago, back out the driveway and SNAP… broke a hiem joint…

YESTERDAY, take out all that crap… $38 OEM steel pitman arm and a $70 JKS track bar off marketplace….. BAM rides and handles even better that I ever thought a TJ would….

IMG_7941.jpeg