Welded transfer case nutserts?

Taylo1

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
So today I took my transfer case skid plate off to install the Savvy trans cable and change the trans filter and also do some cleaning and prep work. I had 2 nutserts spinning but was able to get them out by putting pressure. So, my question is can I go ahead and tack my nutserts in so I shouldn't have any issues when I do my tummy tuck later?

So today I took my transfer case skid plate off to install the Savvy trans cable and change the trans filter and also do some cleaning and prep work. I had 2 nutserts spinning but was able to get them out by putting pressure. So, my question is can I go ahead and tack my nutserts in so I shouldn't have any issues when I do my tummy tuck later?

I believe @mrblaine sells some magic nutserts at black magic brakes.

https://www.shop.blackmagicbrakes.com/searchquick-submit.sc?keywords=Nutsert

I haven’t used them personally but I think it might help with your issue. Hopefully someone else can chime in with more info.

if you are saying tack weld the nutcert in , sounds like a reasonable plan. Now if you break a bolt off, MR. Blain has the nutcert kit and it worked perfect for my broken skid bolts... hope that helps.
james

yea, I was thinking of tacking the nutserts in. I was able to remove all the bolts and I was going to clean the threads on the bolts and nutserts and then put anti seize on them before I reinstalled them. I figured it would help later when and if I need to remove the skid plate.

Might be easier to get put in a new nutsert. They are relatively inexpensive. This is a nutsert tool that comes with an assortment of nutserts. I used these in a couple places and they hold up perfectly.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003TODXQW/?tag=wranglerorg-20