Welding spring perches / buckets on Ford 8.8 axle

Eddie Greenlee

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I think im about to try my luck at welding a bracket kit onto my stripped 8.8 axle tubes.
While reading the install directions, it had the spring perches off center of the axle, so I questions Ballistic Fabrication and he told me it was a typo. BUT under further observation ( me getting under the jeep and looking at the dana 35 ) I noticed the spring perches are indeed off center of the axle.

Have any of you noticed that while doing axle swaps ?, or just looking around under the jeep? or maybe changing out the springs?

Well after looking around the internet I found the answer to my question. So I thought I would answer it just in case anyone else gets to looking for this info.
"The coil plate is offset towards the front of the vehicle, so make sure the larger part of the plate hangs over the front of the axle."
This information comes from the instructions for the Artec truss via East Coat Diff page.

Glad you found that info! I admittedly know nothing about swapping over the 8.8 axle, other than it's a lot of work!

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee
it's a lot of work!
yep it does seem to be a lot of work, surly not just a drop in. But i guess the guys that put Dana 60s and other axles in go through about the same thing. I would love to be able to pick up a new axle from east coast dif or find a drop in Dana 44 but this ford 8.8 is going to be less expensive for me and more work ha. I guess the oppsite applies for me here. I have more ( cents )than I do money haha.

Reactions: Chris