We've come a long way with Jeep headlights

psrivats

Team green shackle
Supporting Member
If you ever want (or need!) a headlight that you been control through an app on your phone (via Bluetooth), look no further than the Evo J3 from JW Speaker.

I can't wait till they start putting these in lifted JK/JLs and blind me on the road.

Reactions: ElectricWizard
For what it's worth too (just because someone will ask), these don't fit the TJ.

The JL uses 8" round headlights, whereas JKs and TJs use 7" round headlights. For that reason, the JL headlights will not work on older models.

Just putting that out there so no one gets any ideas.

I still don't know why I need headlights that connect to my phone. As if we aren't attached to our phones enough as it is... now they want our headlights to be yet another reason ;)

They sell blue tooth power tools...it’s a joke.

That is a very ugly looking headlight. And why do I want to control them with my phone?

That is a very ugly looking headlight. And why do I want to control them with my phone?

So you can control the "off-road beam pattern".

Stupid if you ask me. It's just another gimmick in my opinion.

Yeah, not a fan either...of the look or the BT option. I can control my Kenwood stereo via Bluetooth. I did it once to check it out, but I just prefer using the old school knobs and menu system. I mean hey, the knobs are right there, and I don't have to turn on my phone, start the app, hope the app connects via BT, hope the phone or app updates don't cause problems etc.

The only thing I admittedly like Bluetooth for is on my Kenwood stereo. Instead of using the aux jack, I simply pair my phone to it and it streams the music wirelessly via Bluetooth.

Oh... and I like that I can take calls over the stereo with the Bluetooth as well.

Reactions: mots
The only thing I admittedly like Bluetooth for is on my Kenwood stereo. Instead of using the aux jack, I simply pair my phone to it and it streams the music wirelessly via Bluetooth.

Oh... and I like that I can take calls over the stereo with the Bluetooth as well.

Agreed, I use mine for all that and it just works. But for adjusting the stereo settings, I find myself preferring to just use the knobs instead of their app. I don't find any advantage to using the the Kenwood app.

Agreed, I use mine for all that and it just works. But for adjusting the stereo settings, I find myself preferring to just use the knobs instead of their app. I don't find any advantage to using the the Kenwood app.

Oh yeah, no way I'd want to use my phone to adjust the stereo settings. Not even sure if that's possible on my Kenwood head unit (or at least I've never tried it).

Oh yeah, no way I'd want to use my phone to adjust the stereo settings. Not even sure if that's possible on my Kenwood head unit (or at least I've never tried it).
You are not missing a thing my friend.

Reactions: Chris
Maybe I am getting old but I like levers, switches and knobs.

I am getting old and I like levers, switches, knobs, shafts, non-electric transmissions, steel hoods vs plastic, 400 Cummings Big Cam III's, air brakes, and a nice air-ride seat... just need to figure out how to install all that into my TJ :)

@Chris, they look like they'd be perfect peeping out from behind your favorite Angry Grille :cool:

If you ever want (or need!) a headlight that you been control through an app on your phone (via Bluetooth), look no further than the Evo J3 from JW Speaker.

I can't wait till they start putting these in lifted JK/JLs and blind me on the road.

Give me a scenario like when do I need my phone to which on my headlights. Before I go into the jeep, right after I took shower, while I am in a bar, when I lost my keys, or just right after I turned the ignition on?

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I just installed a Nest thermostat in my home but left off the phone app function. Why do I need to adjust the thermostat in my home when i'm not there? I think they get people to jump all over crap you can do on your phone even if it's for the most part pointless.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I just installed a Nest thermostat in my home but left off the phone app function. Why do I need to adjust the thermostat in my home when i'm not there? I think they get people to jump all over crap you can do on your phone even if it's for the most part pointless.

I use my Nest phone app sometimes when we are almost home but I want to turn it off away mode earlier so that it starts heating or cooling in advance, that way the temperature is nice and ready when we get home.

The phone app has actually come in handy a number of times for my Nest thermostats. But a thermostat is a lot different than headlights!

Can you imagine getting pulled over at night because your headlights are off while your on the freeway and you answer to the nice officer is..."sorry I must have accidently turned them off while I was texting...oops !!"