We've come a long way with Jeep headlights

I just installed a Nest thermostat in my home but left off the phone app function. Why do I need to adjust the thermostat in my home when i'm not there? I think they get people to jump all over crap you can do on your phone even if it's for the most part pointless.
That’s completely different there are numerous times I change my temp I my house when I’m not there. Go on vacation and the temp drops so instead of air I need heat or vice verse. The app is a nice addition for thermostats. Not headlights though.

That’s completely different there are numerous times I change my temp I my house when I’m not there. Go on vacation and the temp drops so instead of air I need heat or vice verse. The app is a nice addition for thermostats. Not headlights though.
I'm just stubborn and don't see the need. Yet. As for the remote headlights.. just seems like a car show novelty.

Reactions: Bird and Jon Wildes
Is there an app to gently sponge my ass while I give my daily offerings to the toilet gods?

Btw... the headlight app is useful.. it will allow jk drivers to identify their blacked out, shiny, angry bird jeep from the other blacked out, shiny, angry bird jeeps in the Macy's parking lot.

Last edited:
Ha! For some real derailment, check out the last two pages of "*DONT BUY A* Hi-Lift jack questions answered". When I opened it up where I left off, I thought I was on the wrong thread! :D

Definitely going to do that now!

Reactions: Squatch
As much as I feel like programmable headlights are unnecessary.

I personally @41 have just about everything I own wired to be controlled by my phone. From door locks, thermostat, garage door, yard sprinklers, water detector (in case of a leaky pipe) and my Televisions all can be operated on my phone with a single application.

Will i get programmable headlights.... maybe some day.

Sancho you are freakin' awesome!!!!

If they really wanted to create something useful, I would wish for a set of headlights with forward firing radar that detected and limited light output when facing oncoming traffic. Changing beam patterns and limiting range according to who was driving around you and their proximity.