What a mild Summer

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I don't know about the weather elsewhere in the US, but I can tell you guys that here in Oregon (Salem, Oregon) that this Summer has been extremely mild.

Right now it's pouring down rain, and it's been in the upper 60s the later part of this week, and it's supposed to continue with this weather into next week.

What a difference from last Summer where the temperatures were scorching this time of year. So far we've only had a week of 90+ degree weather.

I must say, it's rather nice. I'm not a fan of the insanely hot days all the time.

Exact opposite here in Florida. Almost everyday for the last several weeks the "feels like" temp has been around 105. The humidity and lack of rain just makes it oppressive.

Neither gym that I train in has AC either, it just sucks.

Reactions: Chris
Up until now it's been pretty ok here, the heat showed up this past week mostly in the 90's with high humidity although the thunder storms have been pretty regular which helps. This morning the temps are down and it's foggy and misty but the humidity is thru the roof.

Neither gym that I train in has AC either, it just sucks.

Funny you say that. I was just speaking to my wife the other day and telling her that one of my requirements for joining a gym (especially when they are charging me $40 per month) is that they have AC.

I've worked out at gyms without AC before in hot climates, and you're right... It really does suck!

Up until now it's been pretty ok here, the heat showed up this past week mostly in the 90's with high humidity although the thunder storms have been pretty regular which helps. This morning the temps are down and it's foggy and misty but the humidity is thru the roof.

Where are you? Sounds a bit like Florida.

Funny you say that. I was just speaking to my wife the other day and telling her that one of my requirements for joining a gym (especially when they are charging me $40 per month) is that they have AC.

I've worked out at gyms without AC before in hot climates, and you're right... It really does suck!

It's brutal. I'm actually heading into a training session now. Feels like is *only* 100 degrees right now.

It's brutal. I'm actually heading into a training session now. Feels like is *only* 100 degrees right now.

Hopefully you're only paying them $10-$15 per month for their lack of AC. I'd hate to see you paying $60 a month when they won't even cool the place :D

Where are you? Sounds a bit like Florida.

In NJ and yeah it does sound like Fl at this time.

Spent the day giving the Laundry room a facelift and I had to keep turning the AC down to try and get rid of the humidity. Tough when it's only 71/72 outside.

Not mild here. We average 80-85 degrees.....IN the house. It's just awful. I can sleep on one side for about an hour before I'm sweating and have to turn. Tossing and turning all night long.

But last night it was rather cool for once and I slept like a baby.

I'm in PA if it matters.

It's been scorching hot here in Iowa, with oppresive humidity. We have what Iowan's call 90/90 days. 90° & 90 dew point. A usual year there may be 8-10 of those days. We are are on pace for 20 or more this summer. I sweat my ass off at work, literally. My swap ass is terrible...tmi? LoL.

Not mild here. We average 80-85 degrees.....IN the house. It's just awful. I can sleep on one side for about an hour before I'm sweating and have to turn. Tossing and turning all night long.

But last night it was rather cool for once and I slept like a baby.

I'm in PA if it matters.

No air conditioning I take it?

Chris on the other side of the hills its down right winter. Rain, temps in the low 30s and 40s. Had to look at the calendar to remember its supposed to be summer! We got drown yesterday returning from Reno on the bikes!

Crazy! So it's not just the Wilamette Valley. Last Summer was brutal, this Summer is mild. I don't mind it though in all honesty. I'm not really a fan of the scorching hot weather.

Neither am I but crap 38 degees night time low and 61 daytime high. In central Oregon in July! It's all Obama'd fault. He confiscated the sun!

Haha, I was going to say... It must be Obama's fault :p

That is crazy. I guess they weren't kidding then they were forecasting La Nina for this year.

Reactions: Stinger
Neither am I but crap 38 degees night time low and 61 daytime high. In central Oregon in July! It's all Obama'd fault. He confiscated the sun!
That's one of the reasons we are making the move to the Oregon coast. July/August mid 70's during the day and high 50's at night. Just need to get this house sold.

That's one of the reasons we are making the move to the Oregon coast. July/August mid 70's during the day and high 50's at night. Just need to get this house sold.

The Oregon Coast is gorgeous, we go all the time (we're only 58 miles away).

You'll like it there for sure!

Seriously! Have you checked the weather on the Oregon coast?

Well the house has been on the market for 2 months now, no bites yet.

DAMN!? 2 years and no bites, that's crazy!

Meanwhile, housing prices all over Oregon have been sky rocketing like crazy. Particularly Portland, but even the outlaying areas have gotten absurd. Here in Salem (which is 45 minutes outside of Portland) the houses are skyrocketing as well.

Not sure how the coast is though.

You post a house here for sale in this area and it's gone within a week with at least 20 offers.