What are good LED headlights for my TJ?

I have been running KC replacement headlights for about 3 years so far so and much brighter than stock

Too many varieties and prices to choose from. Everyone has their own opinion on them. I'm happy with my Amazon cheapo ($54) led headlights.
p.s. They can also be used as an X-Ray machine.
Rubi lights 3.png

Last edited:
as stated there are too many variables to get an answer to what is "good"

What is your budget?

Agreed. Too many variables, price points, opinions, tastes, etc. Are you just looking for brighter lights? Do you like the look of LEDs better? So you care if you blind everybody else on the road?

Using the Trucklite heated LEDs. Mostly a good improvement over the stock lights, and there are little pockets of shadows in the beam on low. Flicking on the highs allows me to see right into the future.

These from Holley are fantastic and they look stock.

https://www.holley.com/products/electrical/led_lighting/retrobright/parts/LFRB135
I have these from Vision X and they are great but don't look stock.

https://www.visionxusa.com/shop/7-vx-series-jk-jeep-led-headlight-kit/
Finally, these are also highly rated LED's

https://www.morimotohid.com/morimoto-jeep-jk-sealed7?quantity=1
Here's a great breakdown of LED aftermarket lights. Note the performance of the cheap knock-offs.... You will need to pay a few hundred to get a safe beam pattern.

Reactions: Akitadog
I have trucklites. They are bright, the low beam is nice and wide, and they are annoyingly spotty. The high beams are so bright that I don’t like using them when there are a lot of reflective signs because I can’t hardly read them. I also don’t like the temperature—it’s too far to the blueish side of the spectrum and it makes my eyes tired. I have some Toyota h4 housings that I am looking forward to trying out one of these days.

IMG_9021.JPG

@Chris @Jerry Bransford @MikekiM @Rooscooter
have a look here.. today I decided to give these led lenticular lamps a try after many measurements.

Just plug and play, the lens barely touch the factory H4 headlight glass, appears perfect !

Absolutely stunning beam, pattern and power.. keeping the stock vintage look.

For about 40€ I think is one of the best upgrade ever while keeping the look.

Furthermore they're completely adjustable via screws on them (in the pic I remove screws to try flat position first) and of course, if needed, via screws on the original headlight too.

Ok, not made in USA.. they're chinese. But result is awesome !
The beam pattern now is fantastic just like a modern car, (I compared them with my dad's Jeep Compass with full led original lenticular headlights) !!!

IMG_9010.JPG

IMG_9013.JPG

IMG_9025.JPG

IMG_9026.JPG

IMG_9027.JPG

View attachment 409519

@Chris @Jerry Bransford @MikekiM @Rooscooter
have a look here.. today I decided to give these led lenticular lamps a try after many measurements.

Just plug and play, the lens barely touch the factory H4 headlight glass, appears perfect !

Absolutely stunning beam, pattern and power.. keeping the stock vintage look.

For about 40€ I think is one of the best upgrade ever while keeping the look.

Furthermore they're completely adjustable via screws on them (in the pic I remove screws to try flat position first) and of course, if needed, via screws on the original headlight too.

Ok, not made in USA.. they're chinese. But result is awesome !
The beam pattern now is fantastic just like a modern car, (I compared them with my dad's Jeep Compass with full led original lenticular headlights) !!!

View attachment 409520

View attachment 409521

View attachment 409522

View attachment 409523

View attachment 409524

I'm not surprised. A good projector will always have a sharp, crisp cutoff when paired with the correct light.

Reactions: Lorenzo Altarocca