What are these and what are they for?

Jmac00

TJ Enthusiast
Lifetime Supporting Member
what the hell are these, and what are they for? are they to give the Jeep a stiffer ride while on streets?
If I take them off, will I get a better ride?

1646339505173.png
1646339525864.png
1646339544161.png

Those are sway bar links. They prevent the body from rolling when you turn. They also limit articulation, so many people unhook them for when they are offroad, and hook them back up again for the highway.

Those are sway bar links. They prevent the body from rolling when you turn. They also limit articulation, so many people unhook them for when they are offroad, and hook them back up again for the highway.
ok, that makes sense, thank you. Im am VERY NEW to this stuff and we want to go to The Nellie E. Desert Bar and I was wondering what them things did. Is there anything else about the suspension I should know?

other than drop it in 4H and drive it like I stole it, ;)

ok, that makes sense, thank you. Im am VERY NEW to this stuff and we want to go to The Nellie E. Desert Bar and I was wondering what them things did. Is there anything else about the suspension I should know?

other than drop it in 4H and drive it like I stole it, ;)
As far as day-to-day driving, really nothing. I'd keep the sway bar connected while you're still learning, and start modifying the way your suspension works as you find you need to. You won't need to disconnect them to get to Nellie E.

• Love
Reactions: Jim B and Jmac00
As far as day-to-day driving, really nothing. I'd keep the sway bar connected while you're still learning, and start modifying the way your suspension works as you find you need to. You won't need to disconnect them to get to Nellie E.
ya, I need to find the time to wander off with some more experienced drivers. Thanx for the tip's

Reactions: SvtLdr
I was thinking you were joking or thought it was April 1st. Glad you cleared things up for me. 👍
My friend and I were up running the dirt roads on the back side of Big Bear the other day. Neither of us had been up there in probably 40 years and we managed to get turned around. At one point we stopped another Jeeper and asked if the road we were on lead to pavement. He wouldn't tell us because he thought we were putting him on about being turned around. I had to point out my Arkansas license tag to convince him we were serious.
Of course, judging by his eyes, he was high as a kite. :ROFLMAO:

• Wow
Reactions: Jmac00
My friend and I were up running the dirt roads on the back side of Big Bear the other day. Neither of us had been up there in probably 40 years and we managed to get turned around. At one point we stopped another Jeeper and asked if the road we were on lead to pavement. He wouldn't tell us because he thought we were putting him on about being turned around. I had to point out my Arkansas license tag to convince him we were serious.
Of course, judging by his eyes, he was high as a kite. :ROFLMAO:
Fucking potheads now backroads and trails arent even safe. I say kill impaired drivers no second chance to kill someone else's family