What are these called?

shipping them out tomorrow for you.

Do you happen to have another one of those torque limiter sleeves. Replacing a valve cover gasket from a jeep i recently bought, missing one and for extra added pleasure, the previous 'mechanic' cross threaded one of the rear bolts. no wonder it was leaking!!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Okay. So I went to Ace Hardware and may have found a solution to the Torque Limiter Sleeve problem.

In the nuts and bolts section i found a very close fit. Needs to be trimmed a bit in length, but the inner diameter and the size are near perfect. The Ace Hardware Torque Limiter Hack does not wrap around the grommet. So i put the piece in a socket and tapped the edge to get the desired affect of the original. I don't see a problem with the 3 holes in the Ace Hardware Torque Limiter Sleeve Hack (I don't know what the name of this is), but if I find its an issue will simply fill.

The inside is threaded in the Ace Hardware Hack, and I used a drill to hone out the inner hole.

I am going to use this Jimmy-Rigged version in the easiest to replace position on the valve cover, so that if I find an original I can easily replace.

Torque Sleeve - Before Tapping Edge.jpg

Torque Sleeve Comparison.jpg

Torque Sleeve - Side by Side.jpg

Torque Sleeve - Finished.jpg

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
Do you happen to have another one of those torque limiter sleeves. Replacing a valve cover gasket from a jeep i recently bought, missing one and for extra added pleasure, the previous 'mechanic' cross threaded one of the rear bolts. no wonder it was leaking!!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I wish I could help you out, but they are all gone. I double checked my spare parts bin and came up empty Sorry.