What are these called?

Slaughterrt

Probably a silly question, but I can’t figure out exactly what these are called. They are the little retaining brackets that bolt on to the rear yoke that hold the u-joints in place. I searched rear yokes and they didn’t seem to be part of that assembly. And I searched the u-joints and they didn’t seem to be included in those assemblies either. I need to order some and I’m not sure how to go about looking them up.
Thanks
Rob

IMG_1543.jpeg

IMG_1545.jpeg

I’m a big fan of this upgrade. Easier to get off the trail when there is a failure. I keep xtra in my tool kit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3258414754...pid=5337789113&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1

Edit: This may be a better link

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sdh-2-94-28x

You guys do realize, these U Bolts won't work with his Yoke, right? His Yoke has threaded holes for the U Bolt Straps to be bolted down.

The Yokes that work with U Bolts don't have threads, and the U Bolts run straight through them.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
You guys do realize, these U Bolts won't work with his Yoke, right? His Yoke has threaded holes for the U Bolt Straps to be bolted down.

The Yokes that work with U Bolts don't have threads, and the U Bolts run straight through them.

All it takes is a drill bit to accommodate that change.

Reactions: Weasellee
All it takes is a drill bit to accommodate that change.

All good, you didn't post that, I was asking if they knew what they were suggesting wouldn't fit.

He asked for the name of the part and the suggestion is to drill out the yoke holes and change out to U Bolts? Seems like an extreme suggestion to me, but ok.

And yes, I am fully aware how both work, I have U Bolts on my CJ5 Drive Shaft, and U Bolt Straps on both of my newish Tom Wood's TJ drive shafts.

All good, you didn't post that, I was asking if they knew what they were suggesting wouldn't fit.

He asked for the name of the part and the suggestion is to drill out the yoke holes and change out to U Bolts? Seems like an extreme suggestion to me, but ok.

And yes, I am fully aware how both work, I have U Bolts on my CJ5 Drive Shaft, and U Bolt Straps on both of my newish Tom Wood's TJ drive shafts.

I didn’t post anything or make any suggestions in this thread. I’m just saying if he wants to change from a strap to a u-bolt, it’s not a complicated process to adapt.

I didn’t post anything or make any suggestions in this thread. I’m just saying if he wants to change from a strap to a u-bolt, it’s not a complicated process to adapt.
Screenshot 2024-04-12 155534.png

for Clarity, You replied to a post from me, that I stated "you didn't post that" and you reply with "I didn't post anything".

I literally stated that, clearly, in the post you're replying to.

View attachment 518050

for Clarity, You replied to a post from me, that I stated "you didn't post that" and you reply with "I didn't post anything".

I literally stated that, clearly, in the post you're replying to.

I read your message differently; I interpreted it as you were saying I had failed to post that he would need to drill when I had suggested he use the u-bolts.

It's all good, I'm just making sure he makes an informed choice regardless of which option he decides to go with.

I realize yes, most others do when they look at it. If I failed to make a reference to an install thread for the U-Bolt over strap upgrade I apologize. If anyone asked i’d also suggest a Milwaukee 12v cordless drill with a proper sized drill bit (this I’m not sure of), safety glasses, a lift, tools…. You get the point.