What are you buying your TJ with your $600 stimulus payment?

Never received anything when the first stimulus check was sent so I doubt I will get anything this time...
As stated in a previous post... there are people that need that stimulus check more than I do to provide their family a Merry Christmas.

Reactions: Modoc Guy
I had to check your profile for your age with that comment. People save for something that isn't a "given". Live for today. My first wife got Cancer at 26. All the money in the world can't fix that.
I’m 46. I just don’t really need the money now. Blessings to you friend. That’s tough, and life threw you a curveball. Bless your wife too.

I live in NY so mine goes towards (drum roll please) Taxes. Yes. Ny sends out its property taxes in December. Can't wait till the expected increases next year. Yea.

Reactions: bromel
I had to check your profile for your age with that comment. People save for something that isn't a "given". Live for today. My first wife got Cancer at 26. All the money in the world can't fix that.
Amen, I have retirement, but by golly you can’t take it with you and we aren’t guaranteed tomorrow! Not saying be stupid, but life is/can be short! 👊🏼🔥

Amen, I have retirement, but by golly you can’t take it with you and we aren’t guaranteed tomorrow! Not saying be stupid, but life is/can be short! 👊🏼🔥
Everyone should try to find a balance.

Personally, I have to manage my own retirement. Actually, that might be a blessing, but I don't have social security or 401K's or any of that kind of stuff.

Reactions: Dunkut88TJ
Everyone should try to find a balance.

Personally, I have to manage my own retirement. Actually, that might be a blessing, but I don't have social security or 401K's or any of that kind of stuff.
I agree, it is entirely about balance, I’ve been poor before and made plenty of financial mistakes!

Reactions: Wildman
Here are the income caps from the first check. The first figure represents the limit to receive the full amount. After that, your total check would decrease on a sliding scale the higher your AGI, until it hits the second number, which is the most you can make before you're disqualified.

• Single tax filer: AGI under $75,000 (full amount) to under $99,000 (sliding scale). You won't qualify at $99,000 or above.
  • Head of a household: AGI under $112,500 limit (full amount) to under $146,500 (sliding scale). You won't qualify at $146,500 or above.
  • Married, filing jointly: AGI under $150,000 (full amount) to under $198,000 combined (sliding scale). You won't qualify at $198,000 or above.
These income limits do not count qualified children.

Im donating mine as soon as I get it. did the same with my last stimulus.

Someone out there will find need for it more than I will.

Who am I to waste it on Jeep parts when it could help out a family in need and give them an awesome Christmas/holiday/New Year?
@Fouledplugs - was planning on doing the same- probably the local food bank or there is a farm workers charity. I have been to the migrant farm worker camps here in CA and those people live in such shitty conditions.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
WARNING- RANT BELOW.

So it begs the question...why are these stimulus packages so jacked up? Some of us are blessed and still working while others are seriously struggling. They send $600 to everyone (for the most part) yet the retired, the working etc haven’t had any change in their lifestyle, probably saving money because they aren’t eating out. Is the $600 really going to stimulate, say the restaurant business? Heck no, in most areas you can’t even dine out so they don’t get helped with this alleged stimulus business. Is the $600 going to help them pay their rent?...what for a week or two? Maybe if they would have set it up so people had to apply for relief and prove they are struggling they would get a larger sum to help them in a quantifiable way instead of willy nilly mailing checks to everyone and putting the good old USA further in the hole.

So for those if us who feel the right thing to do is to help those in need and manage the payouts ourselves. I want to say thank you to those folks for having a good heart.

Rant complete. Feel free to delete if you don’t want it on the forum.

Reactions: cliffish and Fonz54
WARNING- RANT BELOW.

So it begs the question...why are these stimulus packages so jacked up? Some of us are blessed and still working while others are seriously struggling. They send $600 to everyone (for the most part) yet the retired, the working etc haven’t had any change in their lifestyle, probably saving money because they aren’t eating out. Is the $600 really going to stimulate, say the restaurant business? Heck no, in most areas you can’t even dine out so they don’t get helped with this alleged stimulus business. Is the $600 going to help them pay their rent?...what for a week or two? Maybe if they would have set it up so people had to apply for relief and prove they are struggling they would get a larger sum to help them in a quantifiable way instead of willy nilly mailing checks to everyone and putting the good old USA further in the hole.

So for those if us who feel the right thing to do is to help those in need and manage the payouts ourselves. I want to say thank you to those folks for having a good heart.

Rant complete. Feel free to delete if you don’t want it on the forum.
Can't say I entirely agree or disagree. If they wanted to do something to actually help the people who run restaurants and businesses that have been cut out of their normal sales due to lockdowns, etc...that sounds realistic, but there are a lot of people down the supply chains under those businesses that are suffering.

Ok, so how do they prove that they are struggling? I have 5 kids that we might want to send to college. I'm not struggling right now, but in 5 years they are either going to have unrealistic loans to repay or I am going to be broke. So, should I get a stimulus check that I can put back so I'm not as broke in 5 years?

I think that's why they just do it based on income and number of dependents.

And trust me, I don't want all that paper money being injected into the system. It's not good for America, but I'm not going to donate mine to other people just because I'm doing fine now. There are other factors I'm considering. I also have no social security, no 401k's, and I have to save and manage my own retirement.

Reactions: Fonz54
Can't say I entirely agree or disagree. If they wanted to do something to actually help the people who run restaurants and businesses that have been cut out of their normal sales due to lockdowns, etc...that sounds realistic, but there are a lot of people down the supply chains under those businesses that are suffering.

Ok, so how do they prove that they are struggling? I have 5 kids that we might want to send to college. I'm not struggling right now, but in 5 years they are either going to have unrealistic loans to repay or I am going to be broke. So, should I get a stimulus check that I can put back so I'm not as broke in 5 years?

I think that's why they just do it based on income and number of dependents.

And trust me, I don't want all that paper money being injected into the system. It's not good for America, but I'm not going to donate mine to other people just because I'm doing fine now. There are other factors I'm considering. I also have no social security, no 401k's, and I have to save and manage my own retirement.
What I detailed was simply one tiny portion of the issue, I wasn’t saying that was the only industry to focus on because I agree many other are also affected. But to pay out to everyone, such as the retired who are probably least affected makes zero sense to me. Just saying there has to be a better way to spend 90 million dollars that would truly help the nation.

What I detailed was simply one tiny portion of the issue, I wasn’t saying that was the only industry to focus on because I agree many other are also affected. But to pay out to everyone, such as the retired who are probably least affected makes zero sense to me. Just saying there has to be a better way to spend 90 million dollars that would truly help the nation.
Such as the CCC back when the Great Depression took place, improve infrastructure and in the process put people to work and retrain them for other industries in the process. Socially distanced of course.

Im donating mine as soon as I get it. did the same with my last stimulus.

Someone out there will find need for it more than I will.

Who am I to waste it on Jeep parts when it could help out a family in need and give them an awesome Christmas/holiday/New Year?
This is what I did with the last one. My job and salary is pretty much guaranteed, but my brother and my sister both have jobs where they were likely to be furloughed, so I gave the money to them.

Better than cash for clunkers round 2

Yep, mine came last week. Just cracked the $15K mark for the upcoming year!
1608669179309.gif

Reactions: cliffish
I gave my kids a good chunk of the first one. They are in high school/college but had jobs as lifeguards and daycare worker, could not work at the time and did not get a stimulus check.