What band never fails to make you listen?

I’m a big fan of all those guys and I really enjoy interviews with Billy Joel and he is just amazing at re-creating the styles of other artist- If you look at his body of work he’s done that a lot and he did it tastefully.

Bon Seger is one of the best male voices of the last 50 years.

Speaking of music look what I found in dad’s house last night-

Live, on vinyl.

View attachment 410879

This brings up another question: How many of you still collect vinyl? I misplaced all my albums of my youth. My wife and I got back into record hunting a few years ago. Nothing like re-buying all the albums you once owned and can stream from your phone. Vinyl just sounds so much better.

Reactions: N757KF and Squatch
I know we have fans of all genres -

For me it is The Eagles-

Sure, the talent is there, but the imagery their songs create is what draws me in.

How about you guys?

Paid a stupid amount of money (that I really didn't have at the time!!) to see the Hell Freezes Over tour, rained through the whole show, soaked wet. NO REGRETS.

Reactions: AndyG and Squatch
This brings up another question: How many of you still collect vinyl? I misplaced all my albums of my youth. My wife and I got back into record hunting a few years ago. Nothing like re-buying all the albums you once owned and can stream from your phone. Vinyl just sounds so much better.

At one point, I had well over 600 albums. About five years ago, I picked through them, and donated a few hundred to a little shop that sells used records. Did the same with over 1,100 car magazines. Did the same with wives, come to think of it...:sneaky:

I got that Springsteen box set when it came out. Haven't seen it in a long while

I, too, own that, and it's one of just a few dozen albums on my iPhone (Zorba - plug your ears). Can't stand the man's politics, but if I chose entertainment based on politics, I wouldn't have much to choose from...

My serious answer is Incubus, Alice In Chains, and Sublime. Also to a lesser extent Pearl Jam. Don't get me wrong, I love 60s and 70s, but there's just something about 90s.

Nirvana. Cobain got it right. Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, and Stone Temple Pilots are great, as well.

This brings up another question: How many of you still collect vinyl?

Back in the winter of '96-97, we were building our first house. The build was delayed due to a very stormy spring, and our lease ran out. The only place we could find that would rent month-to-month was a crappy apartment complex in the worst part of town (we had more than one drug dealer in the complex, and the police didn't seem to care.) I had my entire vinyl collection stolen (hundreds of albums in milk crates) from the basement storage locker, and I almost caught the scoundrels. I had rigged up a magnetic switch on the door to a remote doorbell that was in our apartment. The bell went off in the middle of the night. It took me a bit to come out of the fog and realize what was happening. When I did, I pulled on some trousers, grabbed a claw hammer, and ran downstairs. As I opened the door to the basement stairwell, I heard a thud. I went down to investigate and saw the door to the locker hanging by the lock. They had cut the hinges out (it was not a secure locker - 2x4s and wire mesh). I soon realized that the thud I heard was the other door to the basement slamming shut. It was at the top of another set of stairs leading to the parking lot. I ran up there, and there was no one around. I think they saw the sensor I rigged up, realized the gig was up, grabbed the vinyl, which was right there at the entrance, and skedaddled.

I took that as a sign to start buying CDs, and I've not owned vinyl since. I also realized that not catching them was probably good. It would have resulted in either me killing them, or them killing me. I was not pleased with the violation.

Being born and bred in the south I have listened to Lynard Skynard and Marshall Tucker at many a field party and live in concert as well. Still listen to them at least once a week on the I phone , Free Bird is considered the National Anthem in the south.

Reactions: Wildman and Squatch
homeshake

fuckin guy only makes music when he's bored and only plays shows in the summer.. what a life

Chris Stapleton, Bob Seger, Three Dog night, & Journey are the first to come to mind.- some times its the memories that accompany the tunes... dont change the station- enjoy the moment.

Reactions: Squatch